Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How big was the ORU win?

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
    Obviously ORU choked big time, and didnt have any effort whatsoever to rebound the basketball. I am ashamed of how they actually played, the summit league needs ORU to run the table in league and get into the ncaa tourney this year with their marquee wins so far this year. I cant imagine how disappointing this loss was to the summit league officials. Everyone knows this league is ORU, OAKLAND this year.
    Hey Mods, I thought this guy was out-the-door for awhile. This is absolutely smack, but I shall respond as follows:

Who says ORU won't run the table in the league and get into the NCAA? Everyone "knows" that SDSU is a better team this year, plays well at home, and merely knocked off ORU for a second straight time. And remember the preseason poll listed Oakland, IUPUI, Oral Roberts and SDSU as the top four teams...it was not just ORU and Oakland. Oakland and IUPUI have to come here, and we have to go to Oakland and ORU...so all four have an equal chance at having a marquee season and getting into the NCAA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Hey Mods, I thought this guy was out-the-door for awhile. This is absolutely smack, but I shall respond as follows:

Who says ORU won't run the table in the league and get into the NCAA? Everyone "knows" that SDSU is a better team this year, plays well at home, and merely knocked off ORU for a second straight time. And remember the preseason poll listed Oakland, IUPUI, Oral Roberts and SDSU as the top four teams...it was not just ORU and Oakland. Oakland and IUPUI have to come here, and we have to go to Oakland and ORU...so all four have an equal chance at having a marquee season and getting into the NCAA!!!
      I was giving the benefit of the doubt and classifying the post in question in the "self-mockingly stupid" category rather than the "smack" category.

For now, anyway.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Any win at this point is a good win no matter the opponent. Just string some together and don't backslide.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Jacks#1,

I thought CC was mocking the ORU fans.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Every home game is all but a must win. Wins on the road are bigger right now.

This game was bigger for the fans that experienced it. Should pay dividends tonight and later in the year for attendance.

Comment

It's looking like the play style, hustle and team play shown in this ORU game manifests itself again in the Centenary game.

Now time to go after a road sweep in Summit (Nagy's post game comments, paraphrased after Centenary game). Next weekend could be a major show of the ORU win.

Comment

I didn't take any offense whatsoever to CCdevilles post. I don't think it was smack.

I think he's right when he says, if for only this year, this league is ORU, Oakland and then everyone else. That's just the truth. Oakland has a great roster and ORU has already beat #12 UNM, Mizzou and Stanford.

I for one really enjoy opposing fans visiting these boards and hope we treat them better than say how the ORU people treat visitors on their board.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  I didn't take any offense whatsoever to CCdevilles post. I don't think it was smack.

I think he's right when he says, if for only this year, this league is ORU, Oakland and then everyone else. That's just the truth. Oakland has a great roster and ORU has already beat #12 UNM, Mizzou and Stanford.

I for one really enjoy opposing fans visiting these boards and hope we treat them better than say how the ORU people treat visitors on their board.
                  ORU fans on the board are not very good witnesses to the Pentacostal faith. They are anything but what they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    ORU fans on the board are not very good witnesses to the Pentacostal faith. They are anything but what they should be.
                    Ageed, sounded to me he was calling us racists

Comment

I think he's right when he says, if for only this year, this league is ORU, Oakland and then everyone else. That's just the truth. .
                      HNNNNHHHH???? Um, Jacks just beat ORU, have two straight wins over them. Your opinion, but not the truth.

Comment

Our friend, CCDeville is more likely a Mankato State and NDSU guy, not an ORU guy.

Comment

Alright, everybody outta the pool!

Next person to refer to ORU in any regard except in reference to Thursday's game will get banninated.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

In my mind the weekend was big for 3 reasons

1) The team came from behind against 1 of the top 2 teams in the league and demolished one of the bottom 2.

2) If the guys can hold court at home and split on the road (the big iff) they will finish as one of the top 4 in the league.

3) Jacks99 said it earlier - this biggest result of this game will be in terms of future attendance, mail that one in or lose a close one late and attendance stays at 1500 for a while.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

thanks tearabbit.
                              lets face facts, summit league officials and summit league teams/fans would of loved to have ORU undefeated in league play and into the big dance with their big 3 wins, wouldve gave us all more respect among the nation's bball fans/coaches. thats all i was getting at. sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X