Minnesota GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota GDT

Time to fire up the game day thread for the Gopher game. My wife gave my son and I tickets for the game as birthday gifts and I was curious what kind of turnout there will be wearing blue? We will be in section 208.

We've played well in recent years, I'm looking forward to have our boys Jacked up. I'm also hoping the Gophs are more focused on the holidays and Royce White's youtube page. While I've been somewhat dissappointed in the lack of consistancy and fire that we have exhibited thus far, I'm sure glad we don't have to deal with all of the issues that Tubby has had to!

Re: Minnesota GDT

From everyone here in the Twin Cities, welcome Jacks! But I'm afraid that your football team had a much greater chance of taking us down than what your basketball team will face. The Gophers have rolled over every non-conference team at home this year with ease.

Either way, it's always fun seeing State here! Just a bummer that it's two days before Christmas, as finals end 4 P.M. that day, which will translate to a very boring Barn.

Comment

The outcome is always in doubt when the ref throws the ball up. ("That's why they play the game.")

What I think most Jacks fans are hoping to see is the kind of effort the guys put out in the Central Michigan game--although they'll almost certainly have to turn it up another notch against the Gophers to make a game of it.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I look for Mr. Sargent to play well. Hasn't he had good games against the Gophers in the past?

Comment

12/23/05 Gophers 80-61
          12/7/06 Gophers 77-53
          12/12/07 Gophers 78-72
          12/10/08 Gophers 74-60

Average margin of loss: 13.25

While we've never beat the Gophers, we have played them very tough at times (losing by 6 in 07). If we play with the same intensity we did against CMU and manage to make more than 3 from behind the arc, the game could be interesting.

I'll be there!
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Can't go, will the game be on at Cubby's?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              Can't go, will the game be on at Cubby's?
              It should be, Its on the big ten network.

Comment

Winter storm coming your way so get to the cities early.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                  I look for Mr. Sargent to play well. Hasn't he had good games against the Gophers in the past?

He played well last year. The year before, I believe it was Garrett that played really well.

We have played good in Minneapolis the last couple of years. Last year we were in the game until a couple bad decisions down the stretch if I remember correctly.

Minnesota is improved, but I would think the Jacks have confidence after the team as a whole played pretty well Saturday.

Comment

Terry has a nice preview in the print addition of the Sioux Falls paper but I didn't see it on line.

Comment

Here it is at the end of the day

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...29/1002/sports

Comment

I don't know what scares me more about tonights game, the fact that Minnesota is destroying it's opponents in the last couple of weeks or the storm that may prevent me from leaving the Twin Cities tonight.

In their last four home games, the Gophs have won by 36, 30, 23, and 41. Not much in a competitive game in there. I think our Jacks are going to have to take a page from their football brethren and make this a defensive battle. If the score goes significantly above 60, we could be in trouble.

Despite the birthday gift my wife gave my son and I of tickets for tonight's game, she doesn't want us to go because of the pending storm. We need to drive 90 miles after the game and the forecast does not look promising at that time.

Comment

Made the call this morning that I'm not going to the game. Eff. The idea of not getting home in time for Christmas was the deal breaker. I could handle being stranded in Minneapolis for a couple nights, but the weather sounds like I might not get home until Saturday or Sunday.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by thestl View Post
                            From everyone here in the Twin Cities, welcome Jacks! But I'm afraid that your football team had a much greater chance of taking us down than what your basketball team will face. The Gophers have rolled over every non-conference team at home this year with ease.

Either way, it's always fun seeing State here! Just a bummer that it's two days before Christmas, as finals end 4 P.M. that day, which will translate to a very boring Barn.
                            No offense, but I would hope you would roll over the teams they've played at Williams this year (Tenn Tech, Stephen F Austin, Utah Valley, Brown, Morgan St, St Joes, Northern Ill). On the road is another story, they are 0-1 on the road (Miami) and 1-2 in neutral games (Butler (L), Portland, Texas A&M).

I say.....Minny 83 SDSU 59

Comment

13-10 State @ 13:14 left

Comment

Working...
                              X