Crowd Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crowd Size

I was watching the Iowa vs Drake game on Saturday before attending the Jackrabbit game at Frost. There were a lot of empty seats at Carver, I mean a lot. I have no idea what they announced for attendance but there were a lot of empty seats. My point, non-marquee non-conference games before the conference season begins are not well attended at your average major conference schools much less Summit league level programs.

Start giving great effort every night out and performance on the court will improve, crowd numbers will follow. There were some moments during the CMU game but still plenty of room for improvement. Just my observation, I think CMU kind of mailed in their effort. Doesn't mean our guys didn't show some intensity, they did. A win is a win.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Just win, baby. Regardless, attendance is bound to improve in January when conference games start, more students are around, and wins and losses begin to matter.
      Conference play will increase attendance. The double-headers help(driving for 2 games instead of 1).
      If you're watching your wallet, that makes a difference, too. Weren't all conference games double-headers back in the NCC days? How much did they cost? I'm not saying that the prices are unrealistic. Everything costs now days. But if you're getting hours cut back, not getting a raise or you got laid off(hope not); you're life style will change. The cost of living is going up while the income might not be. I know this doesn't apply to everybody but a couple hundred fans make a difference.

I heard Terry say something about NDSU outdrawing SDSU. That is true. NDSU only had 2 times when they had less than 2000 fans last year. This year, they've done that 4 times. I assume that now with conference season coming around, they won't have any more that low. It all come down to winning. It NDSU doesn't win for a couple years, their attendance will drop while SDSU's will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        Conference play will increase attendance. The double-headers help(driving for 2 games instead of 1).
        If you're watching your wallet, that makes a difference, too. Weren't all conference games double-headers back in the NCC days? How much did they cost? I'm not saying that the prices are unrealistic. Everything costs now days. But if you're getting hours cut back, not getting a raise or you got laid off(hope not); you're life style will change. The cost of living is going up while the income might not be. I know this doesn't apply to everybody but a couple hundred fans make a difference.

I heard Terry say something about NDSU outdrawing SDSU. That is true. NDSU only had 2 times when they had less than 2000 fans last year. This year, they've done that 4 times. I assume that now with conference season coming around, they won't have any more that low. It all come down to winning. It NDSU doesn't win for a couple years, their attendance will drop while SDSU's will go up.
        Good points. My only additional comment would be that one thing to keep in mind for double headers vs single games is that although attendance for the night would be higher, overall dollars for the athletic department are less.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          I thought the Gonzaga game had around 2400??

Go Jacks!!
          Gonzaga was 3,152 'rowdy' fans, as described by the 'Zags website:

http://www.gozags.com/sports/w-baskb...111309aac.html

Comment

Working...
          X