Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crowd Size

This thread is ridiculous.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      This thread is ridiculous.
      To be fair...90% of message board threads are ridiculous or get to be ridiculous before they die out.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Put this one to bed mods!

Comment

Bottum line...attendance is ridiculously low! If we are playing the finger pointing game, I think we (myself included!) need to look in the mirror and call ourselves out once in awhile. Winning always helps and it will come. I just got a sick feeling in my stomach last game envisioning bringing a recruit in with our attendance and atmosphere.

Comment

Just win, baby. Regardless, attendance is bound to improve in January when conference games start, more students are around, and wins and losses begin to matter.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Just win, baby. Regardless, attendance is bound to improve in January when conference games start, more students are around, and wins and losses begin to matter.

excellent point

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
                Bottum line...attendance is ridiculously low!
                By whose standards?

This ain't 1998 when SDSU played only 9 non-conf games, and they were into the conference season by now.

You want to talk about how great attendance was back in the NCC days, well, fine, but bear in mind that SDSU wasn't playing down a division when they played Northern State and Southwest Minnesota back then, and the conference season started halfway through December, not the beginning of January.

Comment

By the athletic department's standards....from what one has told me. I would hope from everyone's standard they are low?

Comment

attendance is low but at the same time what are you expecting for a single game week night game during the last 2-3 weeks of school when everyone is getting ready for finals....

Comment

I think we all can use a holiday break!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
                        By the athletic department's standards....from what one has told me. I would hope from everyone's standard they are low?
                        Then their standards are unrealistic.

Last year's non-conf home attendance:

CSU-Bakersfield: 1,080
                        Upper Iowa: 1,348
                        Mayville State: 1,219
                        San Jose State: 2,424
                        Southwest State: 1,192

Five non-conf home games & average attendance of 1,452.

Six non-conf home games & average attendance of 1,258 this year.

Toss out the highest and lowest figures from both years:

Three non-conf home games & average attendance of 1,253 in '08.

Four non-conf home games & average attendance of 1,295 in '09.

If it weren't for the SJSU game in '08, the numbers from last year to this would be almost identical.

So, as I said, if the athletic department is upset about those numbers, they're unrealistic.

You can't expect MBB attendance to skyrocket on the basis of that come-from-behind win against ORU in the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

I think if you looked at it statistically, home attendance would be highly correlated with victories . . . with the arrow of causation pointing from the latter towards the former.

Should the men put together a nice win streak, those empty Frost Arena seats will begin turning into people again.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Vandrovec's Argus blog:
                            Reserved tickets for the SDSU vs. USD women's basketball game on Feb. 15 have long been sold out, according to Jacks ticket manager Christi Williams. General admission passes remain available. There is, however, one problem: How many students to allow into the game. Williams said that the athletic department may have to limit the number and distribute tickets in advance of the game. That rarely to never happens in Brookings. The same idea may have to be used for doubleheaders against NDSU and Oakland this season due to anticipated high interest.
                            Looks like Oakland is emerging as another conference rival . . .

(If you don't have TV's blog in your news feed, don't you think it's time?)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                              Hard for the players to get up for games?

1st 5 home games:

There were bigger crowds at the games in Fargo for high school games this weekend.
                              I haven't read the whole thread but the Women have a few advantages. On gojack.com, they didn't have the attendance for the Gonzaga game but their numbers aren't much higher than the men:

The women only average about 350 more than the men. The men also played Dakota State, Mayville State and Southwest Minnesota State in 3 of their 5 games. Cal Poly and Denver won't bring fans in like conference games will. The women had Wayne State and Minnesota State and only averaged about 1250 for those 2 games. It was the Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky teams that brought that up. If I had Gonzaga, that would be even more off kilter. There is a difference in bringing in men's top 50 teams compared to women's top 50 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                                I haven't read the whole thread but the Women have a few advantages. On gojack.com, they didn't have the attendance for the Gonzaga game but their numbers aren't much higher than the men:

The women only average about 350 more than the men. The men also played Dakota State, Mayville State and Southwest Minnesota State in 3 of their 5 games. Cal Poly and Denver won't bring fans in like conference games will. The women had Wayne State and Minnesota State and only averaged about 1250 for those 2 games. It was the Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky teams that brought that up. If I had Gonzaga, that would be even more off kilter. There is a difference in bringing in men's top 50 teams compared to women's top 50 teams.

I thought the Gonzaga game had around 2400??

Go Jacks!!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X