Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pomeroy, Sagarin, and other ratings 2009-10

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    How about a rating/ranking of the worst college towns in SD?

Alright, I'm out-of-line, to the corner.
    Does Springfield or Huron count? (We had colleges once)

Madison, SD or Aberdeen, SD aren't moving hot spots either.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

Careful, Rabid, I live in Madison and I think it's a pretty darn nice town!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

Madison is quite a bit different than it was even 5-10 years ago. Lots of improvements around that town.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Should have shut down Dakota State College same time that Southern was closed.
          USD Fan

Comment

I'll just say this: when people on this board try to dismiss USD's success they often mention the weak RPI of their opponents. If you use RPI to dismiss USD's opponents then don't dismiss RPI when it suits you. I'm not saying USD's opponents weren't weak, just that using RPI for your benefit and then dismissing it for your benefit is pretty weak.
            Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 04-14-2010, 08:15 AM.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              I agree! Madison is an excellent community...hard to find a cleaner, friendlier place with a very good school system and great recreational opportunities.

Comment

Madison sucks.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Madison sucks.
                  Agreed. Everyone that I know that goes to DSU hates it.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    I'll just say this: when people on this board try to dismiss USD's success they often mention the weak RPI of their opponents. If you use RPI to dismiss USD's opponents than don't dismiss RPI when it suits you. I'm not saying USD's opponents weren't weak, just that using RPI for your benefit and then dismissing it for your benefit is pretty weak.
                    The USD schedule(s) have been a joke. In their defense, they can't help alot of it. Noone is going to travel to Vermillion (Cornell did b/c they were already in Kansas) and there is no sense in a Oakland-like non-con schedule.

In a few years time the USD-SDSU roadtrip will replace NDSU-SDSU as the toughest trip in the Summit...by far. UND's soft program will balance out the ND road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      I'll just say this: when people on this board try to dismiss USD's success they often mention the weak RPI of their opponents. If you use RPI to dismiss USD's opponents than don't dismiss RPI when it suits you. I'm not saying USD's opponents weren't weak, just that using RPI for your benefit and then dismissing it for your benefit is pretty weak.
                      USD had 8 more wins than us and their RPI was still barely higher (lower?) than ours. USD had 22 wins and finished with a real time rpi of 216.

Lehigh was the next team on the RPI list that won 22 games. Their RPI was 152.

USD had a weak schedule. We had a stronger schedule. They won more games than us. We finished with about the same RPI. It isn't that hard to figure out, and shouldn't really chap anyone's a$$ because it is pointless computer formulas. Just like the ones used to determine the national championship game in FBS football.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        Madison IS a nice town, in a quaint, small county seat kind of way. Two GREAT lakes (more than Brookings can brag of) to live, vacation at.

Miller, DeSmet, even Eureka also have their charms. But as college towns, nope, not great.

Glad to hear that Madison's grown over the last 5-10 years, as many SD towns haven't faired as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X