Smsu gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smsu gdt

A.C. must be in the dog house big time. 12 minutes, 2 pts, 2 rebounds....or am I missing something?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Last night he couldn't catch the ball. It was weird. It seemd like every pass to him was bobbled and then the rebounds that came his way he couldn't secure. Fiegen works alot harder though downlow. Wowzers
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        On the play-by-play, I think it's tough for announcers to switch into/out of "I've got a color guy" mode.

Scotty Kwas is a classic example. Listening to him do play-by-play and you have to wonder where a color guy would find a spot to insert a word edgewise. I'd imagine it's tough to go from calling a game that way to calling a game with a color guy.
        Get used to Tyler as I think he will inherit the Jackrabbit play by play when Steve retires. You will NOT and I'll say that again, you will NOT find any announcer/color person any more prepared than Tyler M prior to a game. He will put in the time and do his homework.

I would much prefer excess information (if indeed that's the case) vs not enough information. Some announcers simply do not give a score update often enough. Others get mixed up trying to detail an incident vs give the result of the action.

I have listened to sports for many years and SDSU and its fans should consider themselves very funtunate to have both Steve and Tyler on the Jackrabbit radio network.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          A.C. must be in the dog house big time. 12 minutes, 2 pts, 2 rebounds....or am I missing something?
          Nagy has said on numerous occasions in post game interviews that he is going to play the guys that are giving the effort. He has never mentioned names but he did mix up the lineup last night and the team responded with some fire.

Not sure about AC. His body language last night was not very good. I know this, if we are going to be a very good team we need him to contribute at a level like last year or higher.

Whether he was sent a message or just a little banged up I hope we see AC back in there battling like he is capable of real soon.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Josh Cassaday has also seemed to fall out of the rotation. Nothing harder for a player mentally who has played meaningful minutes to be put in the game with a minute or two left.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Count me in as not a fan of the Merriam/Imming combo. Tyler keeps interupting Steve's flow and too often tries to be funny. I think they both do a good job with their own play by play, but don't like them together.
              I kind of like the "Odd Couple" vibe they've got going. I do think Tyler pushes Steve to be more cheerful. Steve is so into the game sometimes that he can seem a little down when things aren't going well.

Bottom line: They're both great at what they do.
              Last edited by JimmyJack; 12-09-2009, 12:55 PM.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                I kind of like the "Odd Couple" vibe they've got going. I don think Tyler pushes Steve to be more cheerful. Steve is so into the game sometimes that he can seem a little down when things aren't going well.

I also agree. I like them both. If Steve E. is doing a broadcast - as soon as I turn on the game I can tell if the Jacks are winning/losing or playing well or not. Not with Tyler M.
                TM is going big time some day. He is very good and professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Like a truck with no shocks on a minimum maintenance road
                  I must spread rep around Kemo!

WONDERFUL LINE!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    On the play-by-play, I think it's tough for announcers to switch into/out of "I've got a color guy" mode.

Scotty Kwas is a classic example. Listening to him do play-by-play and you have to wonder where a color guy would find a spot to insert a word edgewise. I'd imagine it's tough to go from calling a game that way to calling a game with a color guy.
                    It can be a little difficult. But if you have worked enough with the guy, you develop a rhythm and flow that's a bit different than if you were doing a game solo.

There are some announcers I've teamed up with and it's like wearing an old shoe, we're that in tune and comfortable... then there are some announcers I've teamed up with and we SMELL like an old shoe! LOL

BUT its usually a situation where you have some give-and-take in terms of talking on the mic. Once you find that happy medium, it's really good. Steve and Tyler will get that figured out as the season progresses.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

• Re: Smsu gdt

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      I kind of like the "Odd Couple" vibe they've got going. I do think Tyler pushes Steve to be more cheerful. Steve is so into the game sometimes that he can seem a little down when things aren't going well.

I got a sense over the broadcast that Steve was getting tired of the nick picking and needling from his younger and less experienced side kick. I don't think Tyler would appreciate similar comments from Laurie Mellum. Focus on the game like Steve has done so well for many years or leave him alone to do the masterful job he has done for so long.

Comment

• Re: Smsu gdt

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        I can't help but wonder if our playing style this year is a bit less in line with the way AC plays best. We're averaging about 5 more points per game, subbing more often, and pushing the ball up the court a bit more.

That being said, we are going to need AC's best to be successful in conference and in the conference tournament.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                        X