Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smsu gdt

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Count me in as not a fan of the Merriam/Imming combo. Tyler keeps interupting Steve's flow and too often tries to be funny. I think they both do a good job with their own play by play, but don't like them together.
    I agree. It's too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Count me in as not a fan of the Merriam/Imming combo. Tyler keeps interupting Steve's flow and too often tries to be funny. I think they both do a good job with their own play by play, but don't like them together.
      This could be the result of them working football together and not having their timing down for basketball. Football has more natural breaks for analysis with huddles and such, but basketball has more of a constant flow with smaller windows for analysis. I think we'll see an improvement as the season goes on.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

So the final score was 95-70 ??

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
          So the final score was 95-70 ??

yepo

Comment

Thanks I missed the game...was it rough ?

Comment

Interesting stat of the night: The last time SDSU scored 95 or more points in a game was November 7, 2003 against Philadelphia University.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

A good win to make it 2 in a row for the Jacks. I never dd hear/see the final score cause I had my internet go out.

Comment

95-70

Jacks go 41-50 from the line (Palarca 8-8, Fiegen 7-8, Garrett 7-11) and 10-17 from three!

Showed some great toughness. I wonder if SMSU thinks SDSU is soft and had a gameplan to go in and play prison ball. Didn't work and I would think twice about scheduling them again.

SMSU showed a pretty tough press that we, for the most part, handeled well.

SDSU scored 27 points on FG's and 27 points on FT's in the 2nd half.

A late technical on SMSU and Nagy puts Tivis at the line to shoot (and make) the FT's. Class move (Tivis ends up w/ 5 pts!)

Selken also got in and drained two FT's.

Pederson got in w/ about a minute to go.

Griff had 7 boards and played w/ some real passion. Well done.

Garrett had 27. Was feeling it.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                    Thanks I missed the game...was it rough ?
                    Like a truck with no shocks on a minimum maintenance road
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Winning a game by 25 against an opponent who came to maul you is actually pretty impressive when you think about it. Jacks are 4-5 and ready for the road.

Comment

I thought Tivis gave us some a few good minutes last year and was not bad as a defensive player. I guess he is third string this year. Its says a great deal about our new depth on the roster. Yes I realize Tivis is a walk on player, but did a great last year when call upon and yes he probably is not a D1 recruit, but love those guy who play with effort and do their best.

Good showing and the Callahan boys know their basketball and they are tough kids.

Comment

Originally posted by klomp44 View Post
                          Here we go, Mustangs, here we go! (clap, clap)

Seriously, I'd be crazy if I said we were favored to win. Its obvious that the Bunnies should be favored, but hey, they were last year too. Thats why they play the games!
                          That's why they play the game. On a side note, there is a difference between exhibition and regular season.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

update mayville 71 und 62 final. ouch.

Comment

On the play-by-play, I think it's tough for announcers to switch into/out of "I've got a color guy" mode.

Scotty Kwas is a classic example. Listening to him do play-by-play and you have to wonder where a color guy would find a spot to insert a word edgewise. I'd imagine it's tough to go from calling a game that way to calling a game with a color guy.

Comment

Ummmmm 41-50 from the free throw line? That's a whooping 82%. Could we say that last year? They are supposed to be "free" points and they cashed in on them tonight. Garrett shoot 8-10 and Kia 6-8 from the field. Very nice. Nice leadership by the seniors.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X