Summit League scores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League scores...

Could this be a sticky? Kind of a one click place where we can all update Summit foe game scores? If so I will try to update them as much as I can...

Eastern Michigan 81 Oakland 77 (a little surprising)

No. Colorado 73 SUU 51 (ouch! UNC is pretty bad)

K-State 82 WIU 50

UMKC 80 Truman State 33 (Truman must be really bad)

IUPUI 88 Drake 82 (nice win for IUPUI)

Wisconsin 75 IPFW 46

SDSU 77 Wyoming 61

Re: Summit League scores...

Hawaii 65 SUU 48

Wake Forest 76 ORU 56

Arizona State 87 WIU 35 (ouch)

Utah Valley 80 NDSU 72

Marquette 85 Centenary 62 (actually, not a bad showing for CC considering)

Comment

Early Summit Standings:

SDSU 1-0
      UMKC 1-0
      IUPUI 1-0
      Oakland 0-1
      ORU 0-1
      Centenary 0-1
      NDSU 0-1
      IPFW 0-1
      SUU 0-2
      WIU 0-2

Comment

USD 1-2 (all games played at Due in Desert in Lubbock, TX)

Texas Tech 88 USD 49 (unless TT is vastly improved USD lost by about 20-30 more than they should have)
        Oregon State 62 USD 47 (OSU hoops has been in shambles lately)
        USD 76 Texas A&M-CC 73 (lol)

Tetzlaff has played one game, 4 minutes so far.

UND 0-3 (all games played at Grizzly Tourney in Missoula, MT)

Montana 61 UND 37
        Loyala Marymount 83 UND 60
        Boise State 75 UND 60

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          USD 1-2 (all games played at Due in Desert in Lubbock, TX)

Texas Tech 88 USD 49 (unless TT is vastly improved USD lost by about 20-30 more than they should have)
          Oregon State 62 USD 47 (OSU hoops has been in shambles lately)
          USD 76 Texas A&M-CC 73 (lol)

Tetzlaff has played one game, 4 minutes so far.

UND 0-3 (all games played at Grizzly Tourney in Missoula, MT)

Montana 61 UND 37
          Loyala Marymount 83 UND 60
          Boise State 75 UND 60
          We've really got nothing to gloat about after the last several seasons of SDSU men's basketball. I'm sure they will have ups and downs much like we did during our transition years. One win over Wyoming doesn't make us world beaters yet, although I like the direction we are headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            We've really got nothing to gloat about after the last several seasons of SDSU men's basketball. I'm sure they will have ups and downs much like we did during our transition years. One win over Wyoming doesn't make us world beaters yet, although I like the direction we are headed.
            I agree with this. We don't have a lot of standing to be too high and mighty about men's basketball given our transition from D-II to D-I, now do we? We endured, we survived, and it appears we have finally, finally turned the corner. But I remember being on the receiving end of several really, really ugly scores during that time. It ain't fun.

Reclassification is hard, by design. Most programs don't do it as smoothly as SDSU's women's basketball program or NDSU's men's basketball program did. USD will take their lumps, and they will have their successes, too. We'll see in 2013 or thereabouts how well they've run the reclassification gauntlet.

I would suggest that this thread should perhaps confine itself to Summit League scores with a minimum of extraneous, arguably smacky comments. We've got a smack section for that, after all . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oh, yeah . . . thread is stuck.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Two things jump out at me...

1. EMU winning at Oakland- EMU won just eight games last year, Oakland showed the same weakness they always have had and that is some games they simply don't play defense. A loss like that is really bad, especially when you are playing the kind of schedule they have.

I remember Saul really didn't like their schedule(he basically put together a schedule that is the complete opposite). The bottom line is that you have to play some games that you can win, they'll make money but their RPI will suffer if they don't win games.

2. You guys winning at Wyoming. Winning at Wyo is tough enough but really it is how you won that was impressive. That definitely was a nice first step to becoming a contender in the Summit this year. Congrats Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  you have to play some games that you can win
                  Maria Boever had an interesting counter point on that subject during the post game press conference yesterday: "It's good to play good teams right away, because you find out what you need to work on." Of course, in their respective sports, the Jacks are much better than the Grizzlies.

And EMU ain't exactly a 'good team'.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Maria Boever had an interesting counter point on that subject during the post game press conference yesterday: "It's good to play good teams right away, because you find out what you need to work on"

Of course, EMU ain't exactly a 'good team'.
                    Yes, if you play a good team close I think that is true. Sure you lost, but you can take some things away from the game with your confidence still intact.

If you go and get pounded well at least they probably gave you a nice check for your effort. With games at Memphis, Kansas, Syracuse, Michigan State, and Wisconsin getting pounded will be result if you don't come in playing solid defensively.

Honestly Oakland might have got the lesson they needed, now Kampe can preach defense in practice and probably has everyone's attention. I guess we'll find out in a few days when they go to Wisconsin.

Comment

I really didn't mean to smack USD....well, sort of.

Let me just say this. I spent a part of Saturday night talking w/ some friends of mine who are recent grads of USD and who played on the bball team. We were talking about the games from the previous night (SDSU-Wyo, USD-TT) and of course, ribbing each other a little. They were appauled by the statement I made that Wyo and TT were somewhat comparable. I said TT is probably 8 points better at a neutral site. Of course, to them, TT is a great Big XII school and Wyo never does anything.

After defending the Runnin' Rabbits that night it was nice to run into a member of the current team who played a big role in the Wyo win as well as a dad of one of the current Jacks starters.

Thanks for making this a sticky filbert. No more smack on this thread from me.

Comment

Tonight (Nv 18, 2009):

Oakland 23-19----42
                        Wisconsin 34-24----58
                        About what you'd expect I suppose.

IUPUI 37-32----69
                        E Illinois 35-31----66
                        Little closer than you would expect.

NDSU 55-55----110
                        Minot St 42-40----82
                        EXHIBITION (at least for NAIA Minot St)...Minot St actually led for a while in the 1st

W. Illinois 35-36----71
                        Truman St 26-33----59
                        Truman is D2.

ORU leads Stanford 6-2 very early

Comment

ORU 35
                          Stanford 35 HALF

Bell-Holter, ORU's big recruit, 6'9-240 true frosh has 10 at the half.

Comment

13 minutes left, ORU up 57-49....pretty impressive.

Comment

83-81....ORU gets a huge win on a buzzerbeater at Stanford.

Go Summit!

Comment

Working...
                              X