Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit Preseason Picks

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
    This pic is great, it got me fired up for BBall season!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204817342#

Go State!

i got goosebumps when i saw that pic. i hope i have a lot of opportunities for goosebumps this coming basketball season.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      i got goosebumps when i saw that pic. i hope i have a lot of opportunities for goosebumps this coming basketball season.
      I can't wait for the BLUE BLAZER!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        I can't wait for the BLUE BLAZER!
        I love the Blue Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I talked to Tony briefly at the game on Saturday. He says things are going well. I didn't ask about redshirting or about Chad. I guess I 'm not much help.

I think preseason 4th is about right. A lot will depend upon the health of this team and the ability for the young players to develop and fit into Nagy's game. Experience and depth in the frontcourt will need to be made up for by an excellent core in the backcourt and a lot of young talent coming in.

Translation, some inconsistent play especially on the road. I think we can finish a couple of games above .500 in conference and overall. I can see us sliding further back as opposed to a 1 or 2 finish but I could be wrong and I hope the team proves me to be so.
          Thanks jmd. I would say thats pretty realistic. I think its very reasonable to have high expectations for this team with all the experience coming back and the talent coming in, but they definitely need to improve their road record so as to secure a top 3 spot for the conference tourny.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            I love the Blue Blazer
            It is a thing of legend.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              I was somewhere in this picture....I'll never forget it....standing in the aisle with both hands on top of my head....tears in the eyes....okay, I don't do the crying thing in sports, ever.....but this is our team and I knew what Dale had gone through that day (first thing I did when I got to the Arena that night was check if he had made it back for the game) and what WE had gonr through that year...and it was such a huge win....I had toasted the coaching staff (minus Nagy) the night before and we talked about what a long year it had been....and then for this to happen? The rest of the night was great too! What a special time. The Summit Tourney in SF will ONLY get bigger and better.

I will be there Saturday for the UNI game. A win there would be similar to a win over ORU!

Go State!

Comment

Top 10 returning scorers in the Summit League

1. SR Davis Baker SUU 17.4
                2. SR Garrett Callahan SDSU 15.8
                3. JR Keith Benson Oak 14.3
                4. JR Clint Sargent SDSU 14.1
                5. SR Robert Glenn IUPUI 13.9
                6. SR Jonathon Jones Oak 13.3
                7. JR Anthony Cordova SDSU 12.0
                8. JR Ben Botts IPFW 11.3
                9. SO Alex Young IUPUI 10.8
                10 JR Spencer Johnson UMKC 10.7

Comment

Top 5 returning rebounders in the Summit League

1. JR Keith Benson Oak 7.8
                  2. SR Kai Williams SDSU 7.1
                  3. JR Anthony Cordova SDSU 6.7
                  4. JR Spencer Johnson UMKC 6.6 [/b]
                  5. SR Deilvez Yearby IPFW SR 6.3

Comment

Top 5 returning Assist leaders

1. SR Johnathon Jones Oak 8.1
                    2. JR Zach Plackemeier IPFW 2.8
                    3. SR David Nurse WIU 2.8
                    4. JR Ceola Clark WIU 2.5
                    5. SR Billy Pettiford IUPUI 2.5

Comment

The one person who I think has the potential to earn some postseason awards and push the team to the next level is Kai Williams. He does not show up on any of these pre-season lists and he does not deserve to be on them based on his 2008/2009 production. It's his senior year and I think he want's to go out with a bang and show what we all know he is capable of. Kai has all the physical tools and IMHO if he can harness the mental part and be agressive within his game the rest will follow.

Comment

I don't know why you think his mental aspect will grow his senior year?? I love Kai as a basketball player, but I too agree that he could be so much better if he had that EDGE about him that some players have. I don't think he can all of sudden develop that his senior year, but I do believe he can help this team to be a conference contender. Kai is one of those players that you always want to do more because you know he has the talent and the skills, but you are always frustrated because it appears he could do more?? Maybe too much expectations are placed on him??

Comment

Originally posted by reveroo View Post
                          I don't know why you think his mental aspect will grow his senior year?? I love Kai as a basketball player, but I too agree that he could be so much better if he had that EDGE about him that some players have. I don't think he can all of sudden develop that his senior year, but I do believe he can help this team to be a conference contender. Kai is one of those players that you always want to do more because you know he has the talent and the skills, but you are always frustrated because it appears he could do more?? Maybe too much expectations are placed on him??
                          You are correct in saying that some players have that edge about them and that we all wish some others had more of that edge. That being said, it does happen where a player has a transformation during their senior season where they develop more of it. Right or wrong, some players feel that finality of that senior year and as a result they have more of an edge to them. Maybe this could be the case for Kai. He is a talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                            You are correct in saying that some players have that edge about them and that we all wish some others had more of that edge. That being said, it does happen where a player has a transformation during their senior season where they develop more of it. Right or wrong, some players feel that finality of that senior year and as a result they have more of an edge to them. Maybe this could be the case for Kai. He is a talented player.
                            You seriously took the words right out of my mouth. I have seen this happen many times. Guys realize this is it and just give it all they have.

Again, if Fiegen and/or Rader and/or Pederson and/or Cassaday can log some quality minutes at the 4 and let Kai play a little more 3, we would be alot better off. I hear Rader can really stroke it from the outside. Imagine Cordova inside cleaning the glass, Wolters driving ability and setting up Cordova as well as setting up shooters like Kai, Clint, Garrett, Rader......

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              Top 5 returning Assist leaders

1. SR Johnathon Jones Oak 8.1
                              2. JR Zach Plackemeier IPFW 2.8
                              3. SR David Nurse WIU 2.8
                              4. JR Ceola Clark WIU 2.5
                              5. SR Billy Pettiford IUPUI 2.5
                              That's just an amazing number. #1 in all of D-1 basketball last year, I believe. With his 13 ppg, he's responsible for 29 ppg. Easy choice on preseason player of the year.

It'll be interesting to see how much they miss Kangas with his endless range and his 90% FT percentage (I think Jones' is right up there too).

Comment

Working...
                              X