San Diego State University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Diego State University

chalk this up as another hard knock of being a d1 newbie. at least loney showed some hopes of what he could do next year. last game for the football players sunday let em tackle the other guys ;D it won't hurt anything and it'll get em ready for spring camp. our basketball team could kick your basketball team's ass.

Comment

Not a great chance. Not even a good chance. But a chance.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The game wasn't quite as painful as it seemed like it would be a month ago. At least it wasn't a 50-point kicking. Maybe in the near future we'll be urging Berte and Gilbert to come back out next season, or we'll be talking about how to fill two scholarships and replenish the roster. Either option gives reason for optimism.
        This space for lease.

Comment

If you've seen San Diego State this year, you know they're big and fast. Bad teams do not win the Mountain West Conference regular season title.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

my gut tells me that mo and dre probably won't be back. these guys won without their 3rd leading scorer playing a minute.

Comment

The Jacks lost by 8 to Cal State Fullerton Nov. 28, 80-72. It will no doubt be a tougher game this time around.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Nagy WNAX post-game comments:
                Our guys competed well. We didn't play smart. We got the guys to play hard, but I don't feel good about Sharper, he's 5-11 there's no way he should be able to get off all those 3's.

At halftime I was very upset, Sharper going 5-7 shooting. Up on the board it says "make Sharper drive" and we didn't do that. We were only down nine, I think the guys expect me to say "good job" but I'm thinking we could have been ahead. I think they want a coach who believes that we can win the game. We took their best shot and were only down by nine. I thought it could have been like the Central Florida game but it wasn't. We're just not deep enough to compete with these guys.

Loney did a nice job, he and Ben were very competitive. Ben did a nice job on Slaughter, had him frustrated all night.

Matt is just not as aggressive off the dribble as he was earlier in the season, I don't know if he's just worn down or what. He just looks tentative. Probably because he's just a bit tired.

We're not a good shooting basketball team, we shouldn't be shooting that many 3's.

San Diego is very deep, very strong, very athletic. All these teams we picked to play, we scheduled them two years ago and they were'nt very good. You hope in two or three years we'll be better.

Fullerton, hopefully we can catch them flat, there might not be 300 people at that game. We'll probably take the day off tomorrow, let them rest.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                  my gut tells me that mo and dre probably won't be back.  these guys won without their 3rd leading scorer playing a minute.
                  Blue hat, it takes guys like you to bring them back...if it is, it is, if its not its not...we still care for them, atleast us that matter. Help them understand that WE want them back.

GO JACKS!

Comment

Here is the link to an Argus story about last night's game:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...01/1002/SPORTS

Go State! ;D

Comment

Good Luck to the Jackrabbits! Don't dwell on what Sharper did last night 3 ball is his game & most of his points this season were 3's. Fisher played his Srs. heavily last night & kept Abukar the PF & Spain a Fr. pretty much on the bench. I hope your team & fans enjoyed the trip & hopefully weekend in San Diego.
                      Good Luck to SDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker
                        I would say we had about as much luck in that win as you did in the win over us on your court.
                        Where is that thread about the arrogant attitudes of Bison fans. All of a sudden they are leaps and bounds ahead of a butchered SDSU club, and we are "lucky" to beat them. When I read this post i see his saying "Wisconsin's program is to NDSU what NDSU is to SDSU". Maybe i am reading too much into it....

Remember Bison Backer, your precious bison didn't play too well on the road against a lot of pretty average teams this year. I think any road win for your club is a good win and any loss definately wouldn't be considered luck by the opposing team.

What I find more interesting is SDSU 8 wins against d1 competition and NDSU's 12 wins against d1 competition(i think that is what the final numbers were anyway). When you take away the lower division wins, add in SDSU's stronger schedule, SDSU's injuries & chaos throughout the year, the season's really weren't much different. Give us Holdren for the whole year and i can probably find 4 more wins there somewhere...What do you guys think?
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                        X