Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Closed thread...

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Opposing views are not a problem if you state them and then move on.But constantly posting the same negative thoughts ad nauseum do not do the program any good.
    I think it is a stretch to think that anything done on this board actually affects the program.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1strowfanatic View Post
      i think it is a stretch to think that anything done on this board actually affects the program.

amen!

Comment

If you are a high school junior that coach Nagy is trying to convince to commit to spend 4 years busting his rear for him and you visit this board and see that after every loss that fans think that the first thing the new AD needs to do is can the coaching staff, I think it can have an effect.I'm not sure that it would,but are you sure that it wouldn't ?Again it is fine to criticize a coach,but is saying the same thing again and again and again really necessary ?

Comment

I think a recruit would just be happy to show up on a board and see that fans care enough to post their thoughts on their favorite program both positive and negative.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Opposing views are not a problem if you state them and then move on.But constantly posting the same negative thoughts ad nauseum do not do the program any good.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over” Joseph Goebbels quote

and before anyone goes crazy, I am not calling anyone a Nazi.

Comment

If you are a high school junior that coach Nagy is trying to convince to commit to spend 4 years busting his rear for him and you visit this board and see that after every loss that fans think that the first thing the new AD needs to do is can the coaching staff, I think it can have an effect.I'm not sure that it would,but are you sure that it wouldn't ?Again it is fine to criticize a coach,but is saying the same thing again and again and again really necessary ?
              I have been on KUSports.com for a few years now. Show up over there after a KU loss and watch the meltdown. Before KU won it all a year ago, threads titled "FIRE BILL SELF NOW" were the norm.

In short, it happens everywhere. Heck, when it DOESN'T happen is when you really need to be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                I have been on KUSports.com for a few years now. Show up over there after a KU loss and watch the meltdown. Before KU won it all a year ago, threads titled "FIRE BILL SELF NOW" were the norm.

In short, it happens everywhere. Heck, when it DOESN'T happen is when you really need to be worried.
                Kinda like the old saying that MANY coaches tell players, "You need to worry when I stop telling yelling at you."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  Kinda like the old saying that MANY coaches tell players, "You need to worry when I stop telling yelling at you."
                  Same for med students/residents.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is this the thread where the dinosaurs talk about how things were when they were young?

Sorry folks, but yelling isn't acceptable in most professional settings these days, and it isn't the best way to reach young people today.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Is this the thread where the dinosaurs talk about how things were when they were young?

Sorry folks, but yelling isn't acceptable in most professional settings these days, and it isn't the best way to reach young people today.
                      Not sure how you define "young people". I consider myself relatively young and its never been a problem for me to accept criticism in all its forms. If you screw up you should hear about it or you end up hurting somebody in the end.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I meant that half tongue in cheek.

If you mean literally yelling, I can honestly say that in my years of work experience I have never been actually yelled at. Maybe I'm just that perfect, or maybe the screaming boss slamming doors is becoming a thing of the past. That's where I'm coming from in saying that it doesn't have much of a place in a professional atmosphere.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

you must not watch many other college basketball games on tv. i think nagy is calm, compared to some of the other coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            you must not watch many other college basketball games on tv. i think nagy is calm, compared to some of the other coaches.
                            Kampe, Hunter, and Fife all immediately come to mind. They were entertaining to watch in the tourney, sometimes better than the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              Kampe, Hunter, and Fife all immediately come to mind. They were entertaining to watch in the tourney, sometimes better than the game itself.
                              I also enjoyed watching Fife. I think he learned a thing or two from Bob Knight.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                I actually didn't reference Coach Nagy at all in my posts.

I specifically said "professional settings," and I maintain my position that screaming at your subordinates is not acceptable professional behavior. I think many young people would walk away and find a different job rather than put up with that kind of behavior.

Last I checked, college basketball was an amateur sport. So I guess you could say that college coaches acting the way they do is "amateur behavior." I do agree with your statement that Coach Nagy is quite reserved compared to some other college basketball coaches, and I think that's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X