Closed thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed thread...

With all due respect (especially being a new guy around here), why close a thread that involved a legit discussion about Coach Nagy? I am all in favor of keeping him, but should he get a free pass? No way. I respect the right and the opinion of those who want to go in a different direction and think a discussion, especially now that the season is over, is pertinent.

I remember Bill Self saying how the KU fans guided the program. I think what that means is they just simply will not accept mediocrity. Pretty powerful for a guy like Self to say that. I'm not trying to compare State to KU. I just think a healthy discussion about issues pertaining to the basketball program are healthy. Realisitc expectations are healthy. Discussions on a discussion board, interest in the program, when done properly and respectfully should be encouraged. Justy my .02

Re: Closed thread...

I agree that the thread shouldn't have been closed. Why have a message board and stifle the dialogue by having it so heavily regulated? I understand the monitoring and deleting of libelous, racists and other type of posts, but didn't see anything like that in the Nagy post. This happened after our last loss in the regular season.

Comment

PM each other and discuss it. i think its been discussed many times on the forum so there really isnt anything new to discuss.

Comment

I agree with you guys for the most part, but why let a person come on here after every loss and go through the same routine. He posts one thing, which then ignites a fire through the rest of the board to disagree with his statement. I think everyone has given their opinion - do we really need a brand new thread to talk about it some more? Why not just go back and add to a related discussion from the past....

We have heard it before, and have gone through the same routine 20 times this year. Do we really need to keep it up? Make one thread and keep it in there(which maybe this is what he was trying to do this time).

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          PM each other and discuss it. i think its been discussed many times on the forum so there really isnt anything new to discuss.
          This is the best idea yet. What I see at the bottom of the mentality of this criticism is that Scott Nagy equals Brad Childress and deserves to be kicked around. In case no has paid attention Coach Nagy and family have been residents of Brookings for many years now and are part of the community. They participate in a number of things. Why should 20 losses be a reason to run him out of the community? Did he rob any one of their financial assets? Did he commit a crime? What did he do besides trying to make this the best basketball team he possibly could give each players strengths and weaknesses/

I doubt you would get a vote from the roster of players, that Coach Nagy should go. The best boss you can have in real life is one that tells you when you are wrong or have made a mistake, and you take that constructively and move on. I think this is how the guys view Scott Nagy as their coach. Does he yell a lot? Sure, but how else do you tell a player that he needs to correct something relating to the game? Should he sent his player a text message instead? He could do that. That would work for our current nerdy sensative young folks.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Or you could ignore the thread? That would be easy enough as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
              Or you could ignore the thread? That would be easy enough as well.

i sure could or you could do what i suggested

Comment

Or you could just make fun of the Nagy-haters (or the Nagy-defenders, depending on your personal proclivities . . . )
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Right on

Comment

I guess I do not see why it was locked. I was one of those who was previously accused of wanting Nagy fired because I said during the season that he should be evaluated at the end of the season. I was told that this discussion should wait until the season as that was the appropriate time to talk about it. Well, I guess not. Filbert and whomever he designates have the right to lock any thread they want, but the two "haters" haven't violated any posting rules that I can recall. They have posted their position repeatedly, as have many people that disagree with them.

A very smart rule has been put in place regarding discussions about students. At the time the rule was put in place, I believe coaches and administrators were viewed differently because they were older and employed by State in public positions by choice. Has this position changed? If so, the posters on both sides need to know because I assume that posting a coach should be retained would violate the rule as much as posting they should be fired.

Quite frankly, I think the responses to those who think a change needs to be made have gotten more tiresome than the posts they are responding to.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                      I guess I do not see why it was locked. I was one of those who was previously accused of wanting Nagy fired because I said during the season that he should be evaluated at the end of the season. I was told that this discussion should wait until the season as that was the appropriate time to talk about it. Well, I guess not. Filbert and whomever he designates have the right to lock any thread they want, but the two "haters" haven't violated any posting rules that I can recall. They have posted their position repeatedly, as have many people that disagree with them.

A very smart rule has been put in place regarding discussions about students. At the time the rule was put in place, I believe coaches and administrators were viewed differently because they were older and employed by State in public positions by choice. Has this position changed? If so, the posters on both sides need to know because I assume that posting a coach should be retained would violate the rule as much as posting they should be fired.

Quite frankly, I think the responses to those who think a change needs to be made have gotten more tiresome than the posts they are responding to.
                      Put me in this camp.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

i sure could or you could do what i suggested
                        That is true too but having posting our thoughts/ideas in a thread is the whole purpose of this board. Isn't it? If not, we would just all email each other our private thoughts and filbert woudl have a lot more free time on his hands!

I love this board, and the main reason why is because we can disagree and still get along civilly - at least for the most part.

Comment

For my part I have never contacted anyone in regards to what has been posted. People are entitled to their opinions and I respect that. I too love this board and discussion it generates.

Comment

opposing views it is what made this country strong. Maybe what is wrong with the country is deeper than we think !
                            MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                            http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                            http://gojacks.com

Comment

Opposing views are not a problem if you state them and then move on.But constantly posting the same negative thoughts ad nauseum do not do the program any good.

Comment

Working...
                              X