Jacks player starting a fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks player starting a fight?

Ugh...and I thought it was bad enough last year when MASCOTS were fighting...now players are fighting.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I keep coming back to this thread hoping someone will say it is a March Fool's Day joke. Please, Pretty Please.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        I keep coming back to this thread hoping someone will say it is a March Fool's Day joke. Please, Pretty Please.
        I'm going to do some checking at the SFPD tomorrow (at the Arena now so can't check) and if police were called and involved as stated they should have something on it

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          I'm going to do some checking at the SFPD tomorrow (at the Arena now so can't check) and if police were called and involved as stated they should have something on it
          I'm going to guess that the SFPD officers at the scene were ones already on site, and that they may not have filed a report on what happened--or may have described it in conventionally vague terms in their duty logs.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            I'm going to guess that the SFPD officers at the scene were ones already on site, and that they may not have filed a report on what happened--or may have described it in conventionally vague terms in their duty logs.
            Good point but for something like this I would assume they would file a report

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Good point but for something like this I would assume they would file a report
              I suppose it also depends on what they saw.... If, by the time they got there, it was just assorted yelling, it might go down as "intervened in altercation outside SW lower level men's room" or some such (I have no idea where the altercation took place)

Comment

For what it's worth, Mackenzie Casey is in the Arena, sitting with the team. No idea what any of it means but he is here.

Comment

sweep sweep sweep sweep........

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                    And again, just putting you on record..... Cape-boy

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post

How are the sweeping it under the rug? It's being taken care of.

Comment

Lakesbison defending his position

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          Lakesbison defending his position
                          My favorite post of the day. Rep to Sturgis.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

From the Argus:
                            Summit scuffle

SDSU seems to be building rivalries in its first Summit League tournament.
                            Guard Mackenzie Casey was involved in an altercation with Southern Utah guard Cory Davis in an Arena bathroom prior to the Jackrabbits' quarterfinal victory Saturday, a carryover from an on-court incident between the two during a regular-season game in Brookings.

Reps from both teams confirmed that the players briefly scuffled before being separated, that no police report was filed and that the matter was being handled internally.

"I talked to Mackenzie about it," said Jacks coach Scott Nagy, adding that the situation had nothing to do with the fact that Casey did not play Saturday night. "I wish he'd have walked away from it, but he felt like he needed to defend himself."
                            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...1052/OPINION01

As previously noted, this was a follow-up to the incident that got Davis t'ed up on Feb. 12.

I'm disappointed that Casey acted this way--but there's no excuse for the (apparent) racial epithets Davis used.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...1052/OPINION01

As previously noted, this was a follow-up to the incident that got Davis t'ed up on Feb. 12.

I'm disappointed that Casey acted this way--but there's no excuse for the (apparent) racial epithets Davis used.
                              Student athletes should come away from competition with mutual respect and apparently this did not happen here. I think Casey has repreented SDSU in a honorable fashion and this one incident though provoked perhaps does not change my image of McKenzie Casey. He is still a great person in my mind.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I wonder if Davis was suspended? He did not play one second in the game with NDSU. He played quit a bit before that.

Comment

Working...
                                X