Jacks player starting a fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks player starting a fight?

Just picked this up on Bisonville. Hard to believe. Another thread claims it was Cordova.

Today, 06:26 PM

Re: Jacks home court
    This is Mr. Burgundy posting from SDBison's computer....I have no clue my password. Sorry. The player from SD was Mackenzie Casey. I was in the bathroom when he approached the 5 SUU players who I actually was talking with. Asking them to take it easy on NDSU if we were to play them, everyone is laughing. Casey walks into the bathroom and said something that should not be repeated, to say it politely. He then headbutted one of the SUU guards (Davis) and the SUU players tried to get everyone out. I cannot stress how professional and calm these 5 kids were. I am saying this to get the facts CLEAR, and I was cheering for the Jacks HARD last night. I have always respected their program. The five SUU players ran out of the bathroom to the area between the beer stands and the bathrooms when this kid comes spilling out. Casey at that point is swearing and asking for a fight with his SHIRT OFF! You can't make this up. It was the worst display of ANYTHING i have ever witnessed. The police were involved, and I have no idea what did happen. The coaches were talking about this at the press table later on, so people are aware of it. Lets be clear, this was not a rip on SDSU, but one player was a joke and I was proud of how the SUU players handled this. This could have been a huge...huge fight. Alot of Bison and Jack fans saw this, so it isn't like I was the only witness. Hundreds of fans were buying beer and saw him asking for the fight, using poor language and running around with his shirt off. Made me sick. Alot of kids, parents, etc. I still was cheering HARD for the Jacks, it was a great atmosphere last night and SF is doing a great job as the host. This situation was pathetic and unfortunate.

Go Bison......and I hope we play the Jacks for the title. Not all fans agree with me on that, but these are two programs that took a chance together and went D1 (when others didn't and openly laughed at us). We have a shot in our first year to do something special. Hopefully everyone is well behaved.

Mr. Burgundy

Re: Jacks player starting a fight?

FWIW, Mr. Burgundy is one of the most trustworthy and knowledgeable basketball fans on our board. I trust the stuff he posts as much as I would filbert or any of your top-tier posters.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
      Just picked this up on Bisonville. Hard to believe. Another thread claims it was Cordova.

Today, 06:26 PM

Re: Jacks home court
      This is Mr. Burgundy posting from SDBison's computer....I have no clue my password. Sorry. The player from SD was Mackenzie Casey. I was in the bathroom when he approached the 5 SUU players who I actually was talking with. Asking them to take it easy on NDSU if we were to play them, everyone is laughing. Casey walks into the bathroom and said something that should not be repeated, to say it politely. He then headbutted one of the SUU guards (Davis) and the SUU players tried to get everyone out. I cannot stress how professional and calm these 5 kids were. I am saying this to get the facts CLEAR, and I was cheering for the Jacks HARD last night. I have always respected their program. The five SUU players ran out of the bathroom to the area between the beer stands and the bathrooms when this kid comes spilling out. Casey at that point is swearing and asking for a fight with his SHIRT OFF! You can't make this up. It was the worst display of ANYTHING i have ever witnessed. The police were involved, and I have no idea what did happen. The coaches were talking about this at the press table later on, so people are aware of it. Lets be clear, this was not a rip on SDSU, but one player was a joke and I was proud of how the SUU players handled this. This could have been a huge...huge fight. Alot of Bison and Jack fans saw this, so it isn't like I was the only witness. Hundreds of fans were buying beer and saw him asking for the fight, using poor language and running around with his shirt off. Made me sick. Alot of kids, parents, etc. I still was cheering HARD for the Jacks, it was a great atmosphere last night and SF is doing a great job as the host. This situation was pathetic and unfortunate.

Go Bison......and I hope we play the Jacks for the title. Not all fans agree with me on that, but these are two programs that took a chance together and went D1 (when others didn't and openly laughed at us). We have a shot in our first year to do something special. Hopefully everyone is well behaved.

Mr. Burgundy
      I heard vituraly the same story from a buddy that witnessed this first hand. I don't know all the details but the story he had was someone made a racist remark at Casey. He pulled his shirt and wanted to start a fight. That's all I know.

Comment

I know Burgundy is fairly reliable, but is he that much a Jacks fan that he recognizes a player on sight? Does MacKenzie have his name tattoed across his back in gothic script so as to identify him when he "ripped" his shirt off? If there were that many fans observing this, I am surprised it hasn't been posted anywhere else. As I said, hard to believe it was a Jacks player. I am pretty sure that every minute of their day yesterday was spent in prep, playing and post game team activities. Obviously as a Jacks fan I don't want to believe this, but more "proof" will have to be forthcoming to lend this any amount of credence.

Comment

I wonder what the full story might be. One guy confronting five doesn't just happen--there's a history to explain (not justify but perhaps explain) the confrontation. I wonder if we'll ever know that level of detail. My observation is that SUU is one of the more chippy schools in the league--I wonder if something from a previous game bubbled up. Of course, there may be those who think that about SDSU, too. Who knows?

Still, assuming the veracity of Mr. Burgundy's report, it was a stupid move on the SDSU player's part regardless of the prior history, however.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Facts, please.

I know Mac. He's a good kid, a good father, and very mild mannered. If there's a charge that a racist comment was made towards him, that, to me, is the appalling part of this story.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Facts, please.

I know Mac. He's a good kid, a good father, and very mild mannered. If there's a charge that a racist comment was made towards him, that, to me, is the appalling part of this story.
              I guess the racial element was what I was delicately trying to refer to without referring to it.

But you're correct, we're discussing something without having the facts of the matter, and the facts are important, especially in an incident such as this.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nothing about this in the Cedar City newspapers online

Comment

Alot of.us saw the spillover.... it was stupid... yea SUU is chippy....but to.headbutt someone enough.to.get the police involved isn't a small deal,

the players were talking about it.during the sdsu-oru game.... like i said....burgandy told us he was.there the whole time....everyone in the corridor there saw the spillover..

Comment

Mr. Burgundy followup from Bisonville:

Mr. Burgundy again....There was NO RACIAL remarks said in the bathroom. Period. After some additional investigating, these two players received technicals earlier in the year and there is some bad blood. These 5 kids were laughing and joking around when Casey came in. He went NUTS and the kids could not believe it. I am not on a witch hunt, just thinking people should know the truth. Casey came in, said something that was just sick, wrong, nasty, and then headbutted this kid without the kid ever saying a word. Another SUU player was yelling..."Knock it off, get out of here, we have a game to play, we don't need this." I am guessing you are trying to defend the situation and not have this look bad. In my opinion, this is not bad on SDSU, just an apparent good kid that made a very bad decision and literally went nuts. When he took his shirt off in the lobby and wanted to fight, I wasn't sure if I could believe my eyes. Very wrong and I hope the elderly people and kids in the area weren't too frightened by his language. Really wish it wouldn't have happened. I am sure it will blow over.
                    And, yes, I do believe Burgundy would recognize your player on sight. I don't think there's a poster on Bisonville that knows or follows basketball as much as he does.

Comment

This stems from a southern Utah player trying to assault an sdsu player at halftime of the game at frost. And Friday night the same player persisted to threaten Casey. What happened at the arena was an act of self defense. Casey walked into the restroom and the southern Utah players waited for him to go in because Corey Davis wanted to fight Casey. Once In there he threatened him and grabbed his shirt and mackenzie protected himself from getting jumped the players backed away because they knew he meant business. This was started by southern Utah who had been making threats and attempted to corner Casey. Mr Davis got what was coming too him because for the seccond Tim he tried assaulting mackenzie. That is the real story and you can count on that.

Comment

I was in the restroom when the confrontation occurred. It looked like Mac was trying to get out of a bad situation, several SUU guys, one SDSU guy. I didn't see the headbutt but caught a portion of the scuffle. I can't comment on what was said, I only saw it occur.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I was in the restroom when the confrontation occurred. It looked like Mac was trying to get out of a bad situation, several SUU guys, one SDSU guy. I didn't see the headbutt but caught a portion of the scuffle. I can't comment on what was said, I only saw it occur.
                          If law enforcement was involved, as some reports have it, then either charges will be filed, or not.

If so, things will take their course. If not, then it will blow over. My personal opinion viewing this from a considerable distance is that things never should have escalated to the point they reportedly did. But I wasn't there and I don't know all of the details. I daresay nobody else posting either here or on Bisonville know ALL of the details, either. Everybody saw what they saw. Everybody did what they did.

I suspect the details won't be teased out by a bunch of guys typing things into a bulletin board--this one or Bisonville.

All I can say right now is that this sounds like a very unfortunate incident, which undoubtedly should never have happened.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Bisonville crowd has pretty much decided, based on one board member's account there, that Mac is a bad kid, which really pisses me off. They're playing this game where Mr. Burgundy is such a great guy (anonymous, of course) that they all believe his account and have no further questions about what happened.

Filbert's right that it's an unfortunate incident all the way around. My point to the Bisonville boys, though, is that it might be that they witnessed the end of something that began earlier. Falls on deaf ears, of course. I hate to see a good kid like Mac get dragged through the mud.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think Mr. Douple has a big problem here. No matter whose version is correct, its not the thing that you would want participants to be engaged in. These are not the incidents that should happen at a conference tourney.

Comment

Working...
                              X