Beer at the Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer at the Summit

Argus http://www.argusleader.com/ has a very close insta-survey going on whether beer should be sold during the Summit tournament

Re: Beer at the Summit

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Argus http://www.argusleader.com/ has a very close insta-survey going on whether beer should be sold during the Summit tournament
    I don't think it is that huge of deal. I know both UWM and Marquette sell beer during their basketball games. Heck, UWM sells beer at their Student Union.

Comment

I don't think it matters what the "public" thinks. Its about the $$$$$.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I don't think it matters what the "public" thinks. Its about the $$$$$.
        I think its interesting that the Summit League is stepping out of the box a bit and not being hoobled by NCAA rules. As TV explained in the webcast, this is technically a gathering of the conference members and not a NCAA event. I dont think any our NCC commissioners thought nor did they dare to diviate from the NCAA rules. No doubt about it, its about $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and the host which is the Sioux Fall sports authority. The Summit has sold beer before though, but not in Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I dont think any our NCC commissioners thought nor did they dare to diviate from the NCAA rules.
          I think it probably had more to do with what they thought was acceptable among the general public in the upper Midwest.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Beer is sold at our mens games in Regina during the season..gets a bit rowdy at times....LOL

Comment

bballfan54 - I used to play up in Canada (can't believe it's been 17 years ago!). I was offered a scholarship from Ron McCutcheon at Brandon University. How are they doing? Are they still the top basketball school up there? I was pretty shocked when I visited. He had told me all this stuff about them, how, at that time, they had won like 7 of the last 8 Canadian National titles, had a players lounge, a shoe deal, etc. The gym was the size of the Augies gym, the players lounge was a 12x12 room with desks and a TV, the shoe deal was Brooks. They did have a couple of transfers from Pitt I believe on the team. Eldon Irving and Joey Vickery, Vickery was on the Canadian National team.

I met alot of great people up there from all over Canada. At that time anyway basketball in Canada was like hockey in Texas, so it always amazes me to see quality players come from up there. Did Western Christian College move to Regina from Dauphin, Manitoba? One more question, didn't Steve Nash briefly live in Regina before moving to BC? A good buddy of mine (haven't spoke with him in years) lives in Regina, Steven Elford.

Comment

Brandon have been very good in recent years , some of their recruiting was ...shall we say a little suspect....it would be interesting to see how many players finished school with their degrees....

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  bballfan54 - I used to play up in Canada (can't believe it's been 17 years ago!). I was offered a scholarship from Ron McCutcheon at Brandon University. How are they doing? Are they still the top basketball school up there? I was pretty shocked when I visited. He had told me all this stuff about them, how, at that time, they had won like 7 of the last 8 Canadian National titles, had a players lounge, a shoe deal, etc. The gym was the size of the Augies gym, the players lounge was a 12x12 room with desks and a TV, the shoe deal was Brooks. They did have a couple of transfers from Pitt I believe on the team. Eldon Irving and Joey Vickery, Vickery was on the Canadian National team.

I met alot of great people up there from all over Canada. At that time anyway basketball in Canada was like hockey in Texas, so it always amazes me to see quality players come from up there. Did Western Christian College move to Regina from Dauphin, Manitoba? One more question, didn't Steve Nash briefly live in Regina before moving to BC? A good buddy of mine (haven't spoke with him in years) lives in Regina, Steven Elford.
                  I believe Steve Nash did live in Regina at one time...

The Brandon Gym is like a high school gym compared to most in Canada now it really needs a makeover...
                  When my husband came up to Canada to play basketball they searched the city for outdoor hoops when they could not find any , they asked a passer by, where are all the outdoor hoops in this city, the reply was we don't have any harlem globetrotters here.....

Comment

I apologize if this question has already been answered. I just looked at the Summit tourny site and it says the SDSU men are playing Sun Mar. 8 at 6:00PM. Is that right, or are they playing saturday night at 8:30?

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post
                      I apologize if this question has already been answered. I just looked at the Summit tourny site and it says the SDSU men are playing Sun Mar. 8 at 6:00PM. Is that right, or are they playing saturday night at 8:30?
                      Saturday night at 8:30 against ORU.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        The results of this poll were in today's Argus:

Do you think the Sioux Falls Arena should serve beer during the Summit League Tournament?
                        ► YES: 54 percent
                        ► NO:
                        46 percent
                        ► TOTAL VOTES:

Comment

I think this factor a lone will get me there.... whats more fun then beer and basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I think this factor a lone will get me there.... whats more fun then beer and basketball?
                            For some of us and I speak for myself, its basketball without beer. That works for me. Enjoy yourself Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              Beer and football?

Comment

Working...
                              X