Days Gone By

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Days Gone By

I USED to be able to take the first two days of the tourney off each year. Haven't it done it for awhile, but this year and taking of the two work days of the Summit Tourney off.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Geez. What a lot of moping on this board. Got the thread about AJ's inevitable departure in the WBB thread and the "wasn't it better in the NCC" thread here.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        Geez. What a lot of moping on this board. Got the thread about AJ's inevitable departure in the WBB thread and the "wasn't it better in the NCC" thread here.
        I think we have abandoned that "wasn't it better in the NCC" idea on this thread.

*hi-jacking thread*

I wish I could get the Summit Tourney, but sadly its the weekend before spring break. Wish it could have worked, because I would love to be in attendance.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The best part is, the guys who are whining about the current struggles and longing for the "days gone by" will be the first ones back on their bandwagon when things progress in the fashion the real fans expect them to. You have your dedicated base of fans who support the program, athletes, coaches, and students and then you have your guys who'll be there when we are winning. You can't change someone whose level of dedication is based on what someone else can do for them. I think those kind of people are the ultimate losers in life.

I prefer to think of our relative success at DII as the foundation for a core group of dedicated, lifelong supporters of SDSU who have helped propel us forward during the difficult transition to DI. Those on the fringes riding coattails and waiting to bail out or hold us back can be cast aside as far as I'm concerned. They'll be begging to get a ticket back in one day. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm too far off.

In short, I don't long for the "days gone by". Success can be defined in a lot of different ways by a lot of different people.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            The best part is, the guys who are whining about the current struggles and longing for the "days gone by" will be the first ones back on their bandwagon when things progress in the fashion the real fans expect them to. You have your dedicated base of fans who support the program, athletes, coaches, and students and then you have your guys who'll be there when we are winning. You can't change someone whose level of dedication is based on what someone else can do for them. I think those kind of people are the ultimate losers in life.

I prefer to think of our relative success at DII as the foundation for a core group of dedicated, lifelong supporters of SDSU who have helped propel us forward during the difficult transition to DI. Those on the fringes riding coattails and waiting to bail out or hold us back can be cast aside as far as I'm concerned. They'll be begging to get a ticket back in one day. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm too far off.

In short, I don't long for the "days gone by". Success can be defined in a lot of different ways by a lot of different people.
            As a life long Jacks backer I couldn't agree more.

GO JACKS
            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
            X