Where is Holdren Going To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Holdren Going To?

Where did I hear that Holdren was transfering to? I thought I heard a juco college in Illinois, but that can't be right. I'm sure you guys have already talked about this but I don't have the time to find it. Where is he going next year?

Re: Where is Holdren Going To?

Huh? Holdren? I'm not aware of him going anywhere. I think you're thinking of Joe Green--and I have no idea where he's going.

Comment

Isn't it funny that since the berth of this board everytime we have a quality freshman or sophomore basketball player (Holdren, Jones, Vogel, Seiler) someone from USD gets on the board the summer after the season and insists they are transferring somewhere.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
        Isn't it funny that since the berth of this board everytime we have a quality freshman or sophomore basketball player (Holdren, Jones, Vogel, Seiler) someone from USD gets on the board the summer after the season and insists they are transferring somewhere.
        Somebody last year spread a crazy rumor that Andy Moeller was going to transfer to Mankato St.

Here is the information I received from a reliable source:

Beran is probably leaving. I have heard Truman State in Missouri is a possibility if he keeps playing, his older brother played there.

Steve Holdren will reportedly sign with Olney Central College in Illinois. They will be hiring a new Coach very soon, and Steve will be the first signee. He looked at other DI’s but none had a scholarship and he didn’t want to sit out , so he is going to go the Jr College, for a year, then back to DI-someplace.

I hope for SDSU's sake that this information isn't true.
        I have more bad news. I hear that Matt Cadwell might be on his way out as well.
        The hits just keep on coming for Jackrabbit nation.

Comment

Somebody also said that Vogel was transferring to Mankato (and AJ was leaving to coach there as well), Matt Jones was transferring to UND, and Seiler was going to transfer to USD.   Whoever started the Moeller rumor (which was pretty much common knowledge last summer) as he was waiting until the July 1 D1 date so he wouldn't have to sit out a year at Mankato was correct.  Congrats that is 1 for 5.  Maybe you are correct about some of the transfers coming up, my question to you is why do you care so much.  If you are right i will come back to the board and give you your credit. The sad part is if none of these kids do leave we will never hear another word from you about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Somebody last year spread a crazy rumor that Andy Moeller was going to transfer to Mankato St.

Here is the information I received from a reliable source:

Beran is probably leaving.  I have heard Truman State in Missouri is a possibility if he keeps playing, his older brother played there.

Steve Holdren will reportedly sign with  Olney Central College in Illinois.  They will be hiring a new Coach very soon, and Steve will be the first signee. He looked at other DI’s but none had a scholarship and he didn’t want to sit out , so he is going to go the Jr College, for a year, then back to DI-someplace.

I hope for SDSU's sake that this information isn't true.
            I have more bad news.  I hear that Matt Cadwell might be on his way out as well.
            The hits just keep on coming for Jackrabbit nation.
            All of this information from our reliable source SportsBuff? Things in Vermillion must be slow these days!

Comment

[quote author=jackrabbit1979 Maybe you are correct about some of the transfers coming up, my question to you is why do you care so much.  If you are right i will come back to the board and give you your credit.  The sad part is if none of these kids do leave we will never hear another word from you about it.  [/quote]

As far as why I care so much, I really don't care that much. I figured you guys might care and that is why I posted it here. If none of these guys transfer I will get on here and apologize for telling you guys what I heard.

Comment

As far as why I care so much, I really don't care that much. I figured you guys might care and that is why I posted it here.  If none of these guys transfer I will get on here and apologize for telling you guys what I heard.

#1 If this is real, Buff needs to reveal his source. Until that time its speculation. Intelligent people don't get alarmed or emotional when it comes to speculation. Irrational people do.

#2 There is nothing anyone on this board can do if the rumor is true. I wouldn't put it past buff to act a little premature. As for you buff, it should concern you that I don't fully trust you.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

#1  If this is real, Buff needs to reveal his source.  Until that time its speculation.  Intelligent people don't get alarmed or emotional when it comes to speculation.  Irrational people do.  

#2  There is nothing anyone on this board can do if the rumor is true.  I wouldn't put it past buff to act a little premature.  As for you buff, it should concern you that I don't fully trust you.
                  I will not reveal my source, but I will say he works in the NDSU athletic dept. And you are right, I could be premature, from what I understand these are not done deals yet.

Comment

I will not reveal my source, but I will say he works in the NDSU athletic dept.  And you are right, I could be premature, from what I understand these are not done deals yet.

He works in the NDSU athletic department? Somehow he has insider knowledge into the happenings at SDSU? Buff, I think you need to reveal or retract.

Comment

I will not reveal or retract. I don't mean to come across like these things are done deals. We'll see in time if my source knows what the heck he is talking about. Maybe he'll turn out to be not as reliable as I think he is. Like you guys said earlier, these rumors often go around, and many don't turn out to be true. I was just reporting what I heard. Maybe it's premature, but I wanted to see if anyone else had heard the same thing. Thats why we have these boards. These rumors get posted and people who are more in the know either verify them or totally shoot them down. I would think Milwjack's cousin should know whats going on, so maybe milwaukeejack will get on here and set us all straight.

Comment

Where did I hear that Holdren was transfering to? I thought I heard a juco college in Illinois, but that can't be right. I'm sure you guys have already talked about this but I don't have the time to find it. Where is he going next year?
                        [img]www.medary.com/jeez.jpg[/img]
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I wouldn't know why someone in the NDSU athletic dept. wouldn't know exactly who and where three of SDSU's best  young basketball players are transferring.  Sounds perfectly logical to me.   :

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                            I wouldn't know why someone in the NDSU athletic dept. would know exactly who and where three of SDSU's best  young basketball players are transferring.  Sounds perfectly logical to me.   :
                            Cadwell and Beran might be more rumor than anything. Actually I think Beran might be thinking about leaving, but everyone knows that. Just because a guy thinks about leaving doesn't mean he will. However, I think there is a lot of truth to the Holdren story. I think there is the most truth in that report. My source seems very confident in that report but even he will admit that Cadwell and Beran are just rumors that he has heard. Like I said, we'll see in time how accurate he is.

Comment

Good thing 89Rabbit is taking in a Baseball game today, this thread would have been stopped hours ago!!

I wonder how long that 21-11 game had to take yesterday?  WOW...

Comment

Working...
                              X