Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The season through 10 games

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    ...in your opinion. To others, it may be very relevant.
    No, its really not my opinion, its fact. Please explain in a rational fashion how it is relevant?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      "Q" was a Juco player who couldn't cut it in DI. He would not be able to play for this years team.
      I respect your difference of opinion. Many of your points I would consider valid....but "Q" could play on this team; start on this team in my opinion. He was the best on the ball defender I've ever seen, rebounded well and could get to the hole. BUT, I guess that was against DII competition so it doesn't count. I suppose it is time for this part of the thread to drift off, because the two sides aren't going to agree no matter what....GO RABBITS!
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Good point to mention the players we lost. If Holdren would not have been injured, I think he would have been one of the best we had ever had here at STATE. Its all hearsay again and apples to bananas. Like jumping and rebounding and tip in dunks? Who is better Moss or Cowboy Cody Volmer? The Depth of the teams we had at D-2 only looked so good because most of the teams they played were only a few good players and not much for a bench when we had a deep bench. Now we are playing teams with more skilled players and our depth is not as developed yet on our bench. Hansen and Moeller never played Minn, Drake, VCU, but Clint and Garret have and are putting up the numbers against um. I know over all as a team we are not showing the point totals we are use too from our winning days, but to say the players then are better then what we have now is just crazy.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I respect your difference of opinion. Many of your points I would consider valid....but "Q" could play on this team; start on this team in my opinion. He was the best on the ball defender I've ever seen, rebounded well and could get to the hole. BUT, I guess that was against DII competition so it doesn't count. I suppose it is time for this part of the thread to drift off, because the two sides aren't going to agree no matter what....GO RABBITS!
          Sorry, I should have written "Q" could not qualify academically to play on a DI team. That is why he played for DII SDSU.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Q was good but I dont think he had to shot or the size to compete at D-1 with the teams we are playing now. They are quicker and stronger then what he faced and he didnt really light it up all that much if you ask me. I think Hansen and Moeller would have been able to play at this level and do well.

I think the point of this thread is how this team is doing compared to last year against simmilar teams and have most of our team back. The way it looks is we are improving. Does not really matter what our D-2 teams would have done. There is no way to effectively compare them.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              No, its really not my opinion, its fact. Please explain in a rational fashion how it is relevant?
              ...who p'd in your Cheerios? I didn't say "I" thought it was relevant, I said "others"...I would suggest also that your comment is far from fact, but you can stick your chest out if you want to.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Good point to mention the players we lost. If Holdren would not have been injured, I think he would have been one of the best we had ever had here at STATE. Its all hearsay again and apples to bananas. Like jumping and rebounding and tip in dunks? Who is better Moss or Cowboy Cody Volmer? The Depth of the teams we had at D-2 only looked so good because most of the teams they played were only a few good players and not much for a bench when we had a deep bench. Now we are playing teams with more skilled players and our depth is not as developed yet on our bench. Hansen and Moeller never played Minn, Drake, VCU, but Clint and Garret have and are putting up the numbers against um. I know over all as a team we are not showing the point totals we are use too from our winning days, but to say the players then are better then what we have now is just crazy.
                Now if we are going to start comparing guys like Cody Volmer please. Granted he could jump out of the gym, but little else! Q was a prototypical point guard and IMHO would be a great asset to this team. Matt Jones when healthy was the best player since Tetzlaff. Both of those guys would be stars at the DI level! They weren't DII players they were simply great basketball players who could have excelled at any level of competition.

Comment

...who p'd in your Cheerios? I didn't say "I" thought it was relevant, I said "others"...I would suggest also that your comment is far from fact, but you can stick your chest out if you want to.
                  I might ask you the same thing but again that wouldn't be relevant. Emotion can lead to a lot of irrational thought and therefore false assumptions and eventually a harmful result.

I don't have a problem with people being critical of the players or coaches when things are going as badly as they are right now. It just doesn't make any sense and its a waste of time to dwell on the past. I could argue that Nagy had a great deal of success as a DII coach and back it up with plenty of facts. You can argue that he had some talented players and competitive teams and back it up with facts. You can't support any argument with facts stating that those teams would fair any better or worse than the current teams. You can make assumptions and waste a lot of time but you can't bring a well-supported argument to the table. Its just not relevant and the more people recognized that the better we can discuss what needs to happen with this program.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Now if we are going to start comparing guys like Cody Volmer please. Granted he could jump out of the gym, but little else! Q was a prototypical point guard and IMHO would be a great asset to this team. Matt Jones when healthy was the best player since Tetzlaff. Both of those guys would be stars at the DI level! They weren't DII players they were simply great basketball players who could have excelled at any level of competition.
                    Exactly, you cant really compare people, thats what I was saying with Moss and Volmer. there will always be shooter and PFs and jumpers and role players on a team. It doesnt really do any good to compare um. Richardson, I dont think would be able to get to the basket and shoot well at the D-1 level like he did for us. His skill set would be great to have in running the offense and controling the game that way. Im not saying he wouldnt have been good. Jones Im sure would have been able to hold his own. he did so many things so well it would have transfered to D-1 im sure. But if you saying they are able to excell at this level, then, its only fair to compare how Cordova would have been much better against d-2 and played in front of Cervany and Cone and such. 1-1 match up if thats what your comparing, Cordova would have lit them up I believe. It just seems wierd that comparing teams of different levels of compitition can be relevent in comparing players in whose better.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      . You can't support any argument with facts stating that those teams would fair any better or worse than the current teams. You can make assumptions and waste a lot of time but you can't bring a well-supported argument to the table. Its just not relevant and the more people recognized that the better we can discuss what needs to happen with this program.
                      I do understand where you are coming from (and apologize for the Cheerios comment). In all honesty though, there are very few FACTS on a message board. We all have opinions, and that's what makes it interesting....even fun sometimes. My dad always said,..."if everybody thought the same way, life would be pretty boring." On a serioux note, none of us know what it's going to take to turn this thing around, the coaches probably don't even know for sure.

Comment

I do understand where you are coming from (and apologize for the Cheerios comment). In all honesty though, there are very few FACTS on a message board. We all have opinions, and that's what makes it interesting....even fun sometimes. My dad always said,..."if everybody thought the same way, life would be pretty boring." On a serioux note, none of us know what it's going to take to turn this thing around, the coaches probably don't even know for sure.
                        Starting to win some games might turn it around. Doing the simple things is what it takes to win. Rebound, FT shooting, not turning it over etc. Those are the things that will turn it around. The question should be how do we get this team to do that. I think they have to look inside them selves to answer that. Like Dr Phil says who i really cant stand, but this is what your doing, so how is that really working out for ya? They need to be able to recignize what they need to change and do it. We can speculate and this and that and Nagy and can yell and stomp around to make a point but it takes the players to respond to it to make a change.

Comment

We're channeling Cody Volmer in this thread? Stop the nonsense! This is crazy! Volmer?

These are our players! Nagy is our Coach! We are Jacks fans! Let's go support them!

My goodness do we need a win! Seriously, Volmer? UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            We're channeling Cody Volmer in this thread? Stop the nonsense! This is crazy! Volmer?

These are our players! Nagy is our Coach! We are Jacks fans! Let's go support them!

My goodness do we need a win! Seriously, Volmer? UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            Thanks for the chuckle, SB . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X