Brayden Carlson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brayden Carlson

Brayden gave a verbal commitment to the coaching staff and will attend SDSU next fall.

Re: Brayden Carlson

forgive me for not knowing much about SD high school basketball but can you fill me in on Brayden. Is he from Brookings? If so I have seen him play football and he's a very nice athlete.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Brayden is a 6-5 guard for Brookings High. He will walk-on next fall and redshirt, and then receive a four-year scholarship. He played for the Dakota Schoolers this summer along with Tony Fiegen and Chad White of Madison, who are 2009 verbals, scheduled to sign this Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Brayden is a 6-5 guard for Brookings High. He will walk-on next fall and redshirt, and then receive a four-year scholarship. He played for the Dakota Schoolers this summer along with Tony Fiegen and Chad White of Madison, who are 2009 verbals, scheduled to sign this Wednesday.
        I'm sure i'll get blasted by the,"other offers don't matter" crowd, but TV reported that his only other offer was Northern State.

Comment

Can anyone with a neutral opinion provide thoughts on Brayden's abilities?

Comment

From the few times I have watched him, he looked very athletic. Pretty decent with ball control. A true leader, also qb of the Brookings football team. He'll do ok here.

Comment

I've seen him play football a few times, very athletic, if he plays basketball like he quarterbacks, he should be alright

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Can anyone with a neutral opinion provide thoughts on Brayden's abilities?
                Is there such a thing as a "nuetral opinion"?

He is very athletic, and maybe he will get much better while he redshirts. I have been wrong about players in the past, but I would hope he could give us some depth by the time he is in his 3rd year. I will look forward to seeing him play this winter to see how much he has improved since last season.

Comment

His Dakota Schoolers' stats look pretty good. I really like Asst. to turnover ratio (important in a PG).

http://www.dakotaschoolers.com/statistics.html

Go State!

Comment

I think this is a good pickup..... He won't go on scholarship until after a redshirt which should help him and the team... Looks like a good point guard..... kinda surprising though....

This must mean that we are planing to use the 4 year scholarship available for next year, any idea on if we'll sign anybody early?

Comment

I watched Brayden play most of the summer. He is a good athlete, he is long, an he makes good decisions when he has the ball. He can impact a game without having to shoot a lot. By getting him on "5 years for 4 years" scholarship, Brayden gets a year to develop and he will put on some size. He would be one of the top 3 players in the state in the Class of 2010. At worst, he is a 6'6 combo guard (can play some 1,2, & 3) who wants to be at SDSU and knows how to play with other good players but is maybe between positions. At best, he turns into a legit big point guard. Who he guards at the DI level is always crucial, but he works hard, he is tough, and is a great kid. He will fit in and play hard. This is a good pick up for the Jacks. I liked this kid's game more than Michael Felt by the end of the summer (not that anyone asked me), but they were different players too.

Comment

Originally posted by Patkran View Post
                        At worst, he is a 6'6 combo guard (can play some 1,2, & 3) who wants to be at SDSU and knows how to play with other good players
                        I don't think we should underestimate the bold letters there. I don't care who was recruiting him or how highly touted he was (anyone hear of Woodside before his frosh year at NDSU) We need more kids who want to be at SDSU.
                        If he can develop into a solid point he will be a huge addition to the team in three years.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I'm with eqguy. If he wants to be here and work hard, then I guarantee he'll get a chance to play. We need a hard-nosed guy similar to Stoebner who can come in and outwork everyone. I like the idea of having a local kid who, hopefully, bleeds yellow and blue.

Comment

Only full ride offer was from NSU. SSU offered or was in a position to offer but it wasn't a full ride. Good pickup for SDSU and for Brayden as well. He indeed wanted to be a Jackrabbit, has grown up an SDSU fan and will impact the program positively down the road.

Comment

The most important things to me when I have seen Brayden play are his leading ability and efficiency. He is a Quarterback in Football and Point guard in Basketball. In football he does good job of getting the team in and out of the huddle allowing the Bobcats to play and up tempo type offense. He reads coverage’s well and was deadly most of the year when Brookings went no huddle.

He is the same way in Basketball pushes the ball and plays up tempo. He also is good at getting Brookings into its motion offense quickly and reading defenses. With him playing with a shot clock this year and redshirting, that gives him two years playing with the shot clock. I think that will greatly improve SDSU efficiency getting into its offense and regular sets faster. It seems SDSU has been real slow at this the last few years. If nothing else he should help with that.
                              We...ARE...STATE!
                              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X