• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06-07 roster

roster is online

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...ster/Index.cfm

NO. PLAYER POS. HEIGHT WEIGHT YEAR HOMETOWN
    3 Mackenzie Casey** G 6-0 160 Jr. Wounded Knee, S.D.
    10 Jose Frias* G 6-2 200 Sr. New York City, N.Y.
    20 Garrett Callahan G 6-1 175 Fr. Seneca, Ill.
    22 Andy Kleinjan*** G 6-3 170 Sr. Bruce, S.D.
    23 Kai Williams F 6-6 210 Fr. Regina, Sask.
    24 Matt Cadwell* G 6-3 195 So. St. Paul, Minn.
    30 Blake Yackley F 6-5 185 R-Fr. Onida, S.D.
    32 Ryan Hoogeveen G 6-2 185 Fr. Boyden, Iowa
    34 Cam Hornby G 6-0 180 R-Fr. Winnipeg, Manitoba
    40 Mario Brandon F 6-5 205 Jr. Chicago, Ill.
    42 Thomas Bassett F 6-5 220 Fr. Denison, Iowa
    44 Mark Engen C 6-10 195 R-Fr. Lamberton, Minn.
    52 Robert Bilitz C 6-10 195 R-Fr. Plymouth, Minn.
    54 Michael Loney** F 6-6 225 Jr. Humboldt, Iowa
    Anthony Cordova F 6-6 220 Fr. Sioux Falls, S.D.
    Troy Wipf G 6-0 175 Jr. Huron, S.D.
    * Number of letters earned
    Head Coach: Scott Nagy
    Assistant Coach: Troy Larson
    Assistant Coach: Deryl Cunningham
    Assistant Coach: Rob Klinkefus

Re: 06-07 roster

I noticed that Wipf, and Cordova are not assigned numbers. Is this because they are redshirting? Just Curious.
    Also noticed that Kai Williams will wear #23 maybe a coincidence maybe not... Hopefully a sign of things to come!!

Comment

Did I miss something? Where did Wipf come from? What is known about him?

Comment

He is from James Valley Christian and is a short quick kid if it is the kid i'm thinking of.

Comment

Is he the same Troy Wipf that runs track for State?

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...ests/Index.cfm

2006 SDSU Men's Outdoor Track and Field Season Bests

EVENT ATHLETE(S) TIME/MARK MEET/DATE
          100-Meter Dash Troy Wipf 10.98 sec. 4-15-2006
          200-Meter Dash Troy Wipf :22.51 4-15-2006

Go State!

Comment

Noticed that the two 6'10" kids are still listed at 195 lbs. I guess they didn't get into the weight room much. 195 lbs is pretty easy for DI centers to push around.

Comment

Originally posted by cal_jack
              Noticed that the two 6'10" kids are still listed at 195 lbs.  I guess they didn't get into the weight room much.  195 lbs is pretty easy for DI centers to push around.
              I noticed that too.  From talking with some people on campus, I had heard Engen had put on some weight and some people very close to the program said people will be surprised at how "mean" he plays.  I guess he is pretty physical for his size and plays with a chip on his shoulder.  I like it.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                [quote author=cal_jack link=1157662313/0#5 date=1157728218]Noticed that the two 6'10" kids are still listed at 195 lbs. I guess they didn't get into the weight room much. 195 lbs is pretty easy for DI centers to push around.
                I noticed that too. From talking with some people on campus, I had heard Engen had put on some weight and the some people very close to the program said people will be surprised at how "mean" he plays. I guess he is pretty physical for his size and plays with a chip on his shoulder. I like it.[/quote]

Tall skinny guys tend to have very sharp elbows . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Remember Jason Schutz a few years ago, he played mean and had sharp elbows too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark_Jack
                    that is exactly who I was thinking of too Ozark
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark_Jack
                      Of course, that was against DII competition. Looking forward to seeing their athleticism, I think they will need it at their size.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would look too skinny at 195.  I'm 6'4".  220lbs on 6'10" is skinny.  Those guys need to do what Coach Larson (former SDSU lineman coach, now minister) used to tell me.  "You should carry a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter around in your backpack.  After every class, make yourself a peanut butter sandwich.  That'll gain you some wait and it's full of good carbs and protein."  I never tried it, but I'm sure it'd work.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                          I would look too skinny at 195.  I'm 6'4".  220lbs on 6'10" is skinny.  Those guys need to do what Coach Larson (former SDSU lineman coach, now minister) used to tell me.  "You should carry a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter around in your backpack.  After every class, make yourself a peanut butter sandwich.  That'll gain you some wait and it's full of good carbs and protein."  I never tried it, but I'm sure it'd work.
                          I heard some horror stories regarding Zack Carter as a senior forcing young freshman DL and LB's to sit with him and eat with him in Larson Commons. Maybe we can bring him back as a "Nutritional Enhancment Coach" for these two.

Comment

I'm 6'4" 190 lbs and skinny as a damn rail! I use to get bounced around like a pinball in the paint during high school games. Fortunately I could jump and in a hurry. I can't even imagine adding 6 inches to my height and only 5 lbs. Of course if the play well, none of this matters.

I tried the peanut butter sandwich thing, just made me hate peanut butter for about 2 years.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

As someone who was around the program when Schuetz (this is the correct spelling) was here and have seen the big boys' play AAU ball (albeit only a little) I am not sure it is an accurate comparison. Schuetz definitely played with some 'tude and loved to play. It will be a good thing if these guys are at least a little like him.

Comment

Working...
                              X