Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midnight Madness

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
    I'm guessing that Mario Brandon, the 6-6 junior transfer, or Loney will start ahead of Bassett and alongside Kai Williams. Take away the two 6-10 guys and this is a short team. Loney and Bassett are the only guys with much heft, and Loney is the heaviest at 225. The roster lists 15 guys (Cordova is not on it) and eight of them are guards.
    My guess (having seen nothing of the team, so we know what the guess is worth) is that we'll rotate Engen and Bilitz at the post, Williams, Brandon, Bassett, and Loney (and Yackley when he's back) through the 3 and 4 spots, Cadwell and Callahan at shooting guard, and point-guard-by-committee of Casey, Frias, Kleinjan, and Hornby.

Loney will probably get slid over to put in emergency minutes at center if both Engen and Bilitz have injury/foul problems. Hornby might slide over to shooting guard.

That's my guess. Subject to drastic modification as I'm proved wrong, of course.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

we'll still give you credit for being global moderator though.

My thoughts (and I have as much bball knowledge as an average 8th grader)

Point - Callahan, Casey, Frias, Hornby/Cadwell
      shoot - Caddy, Hornby, Kleinjan
      3 - Williams, Brandon, Yackley
      4 - Brandon, Engen/Billitz/Loney
      5 - Engen/Billitz/Loney

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hornby, Cadwell, Engen and Billitz all on the floor together a bunch.

My .02 that is worth .0000000002
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I just wanted to comment on how well the madness was setup and run. The Athletic Dept has done a nice job of putting things together. I read on ESPN.com a while back that K State had its first ever madness this year! That is pretty amazing since they are in a major conference, and we've been having madness for years.

I'm also impressed with how the Athletic Dept is branding all things SDSU. Everyone is using the same terminology, wearing the same gear, etc.

For those who would like more crowd noise, there was a bit of coaching before the madness to get people into things a bit and lettting them know what and when to cheer. Nice job to everyone involved.

One thing I would like to see eventually would be coach and player interviews on the big screen before the scrimmage. I think a lot of people would prefer this to endless games on the floor. I like the games, but it seems to be stretching a bit when there is a cookie eating contest folowed by 5 minutes of people trying to chuck wiffle balls from the stands into a blow up hoop. Just my opinion. Or player introductions almost like on Monday Night Football. I think that would be neat.

Good to see fair student turnout for the event despite being on a Friday night.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
        X