Midnight Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Madness

4 weeks from tonight the Madness begins.

Go Big! Go Blue! Go JACKS!

Re: Midnight Madness

COME EARLY TO WATCH THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM PLAY. Yes I am yelling that . It starts at ten with the volleyball game starting at 7.

Comment

Soccer also plays at home that night at 7:00.

What a great way to spend Friday the 13th, ALL JACKRABBITS!

Comment

From the Aberdeen paper:

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...l/15721279.htm

Sports writer Ryan Deal

SDSU

Midnight

Minus Two

The Jackrabbit men's and women's basketball team will start the 2006-07 season by hosting Midnight Minus Two on Friday.

Onida native Blake Yackley is a redshirt freshman on the men's squad and junior Courtney Grimsrud of Sisseton is on the women's team.

The event will begin at about 9:25 p.m. with fan contests. The teams will take the floor at 10 p.m., with a scrimmage, two-ball competition. A slam dunk contest will follow.

No admission will be charged, although the SDSU Student-Athlete Advisory Council will be accepting donations for its community service projects. The first 250 fans will receive free refreshments. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Prelim. reports have Kai listed as the favorite for the dunk contest. Friday night is a busy night for SDSU athletics. So if you got a long weekend, come up and watch some soccer, volleyball and basketball.

Comment

I'm very excited about the upcoming season. From what I've seen and heard, we could have a fair team this year. Hopefully this is the year things start to turn around. 15 wins would be a big step in the right direction.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Looking at my Friday night schedule, nothing right now. Might have to make a quick trip up to Frost arena for the festivities. A little late for my youngsters so I will need the assistance of my wife.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Y'all know I expect extensive and detailed reports of the Madness proceedings.

Sometimes (just sometimes) living in Kansas City has its drawbacks . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...44/1002/SPORTS

SDSU hoops ready to go with Midnight Minus Two

Mick Garry

The Jackrabbit men's and women's basketball teams will mark their starts for the 2006-07 season by hosting Midnight Minus Two on Friday.

The event will begin at approximately 9:25 p.m. with fan contests. The teams will take the floor at 10 p.m. with a scrimmage, two-ball competition and slam dunk contest to follow for the men and and a scrimmage, two-ball competition and 3-point shooting contest to follow for the women.

NCAA rule changes now permit teams to have fan-friendly events before midnight of the first day teams can practice. The Jackrabbits, who have started these events in the past at midnight, will wait until the completion of SDSU's volleyball game with Utah Valley State before getting the event going this year.

"It gets everybody home a little earlier," said SDSU coach Scott Nagy. "The players look forward to it after all the fall conditioning they've done. It gives them a taste of competing in front of the home fans before the long month of practices we'll have before our first game."

For those hoping to do some wagering on the dunk contest, Nagy said the favorite would likely be Kai Williams, a 6-6 freshman from Regina, Saskatchewan. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

63 hours to go.

Comment

EVERYBODY WEAR YELLOW TONIGHT!!
                      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...HHEEEEEERRRREES YOUR JACKRABBITS!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THIS WAS A PULBIC INFORMATION NOTICE FOR JACKRABBIT NATION...THE DEN HAS SPOKEN!

DEN OUT

Comment

Den, you gonna bring something special tonight? We're counting on you for the flava!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Is WNAX and Dept Radio covering the event tonight? I think it would be a great opportunity to interview coaches and players to preview the season?

Comment

I dont think either station is covering. Chopper is emceing the event and Scotty is away for his kids game. I don't think WNAX is coming up for this either.

Comment

I went to Midnight minus two and noticed that Anthony Cordova is not on the roster. Anybody know the scoop on him?

Comment

Working...
                              X