Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alabama A&M

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
    Do I have to post some "Nagy's not my coach" type of thread in order for this team to have a good year. Seemed to work pretty well for the FB team
    Not necessary. Scott will get er done. Sooner or later a little good luck has to come our way. Scott has a way of getting the most out of his players. Once all the younger players get a little more comfortable with what Scott expects, we will be fine. We've been spoiled and have been used to getting our way.

Comment

Progess one game at a time. I think there are more teams like Alabama A&M that are in the same rebuilding mode as SDSU. I understand Idaho who is coming to Frost on Nov 16 is being rebuilt in terms of a roster. We got our chances. Its a matter of keeping our young guys together for 4 years and they have to make it in the classroom as well as on the floor. I think this current group can do that. I think it takes hard work and good coaching. I dont consider luck a factor. Bad choices and good choices are more the case than luck whatever that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
        I dont consider luck a factor. Bad choices and good choices are more the case than luck whatever that is.
        The loss of Matt Jones was nothing other than bad luck. Beren losing his dad and his desire was a bad break. Bad breaks or bad luck, call it what you want, it has happened to this program.

Holdren deciding to leave may have been related to some of the troubles with other players, I don't know. Certainly, some of the recent recruits have not worked out. I think Coach Nagy has taken plenty of heat for that and I think it has been reflected in some of his recent recruiting.

Now, Brandon, I don't know. I think (I think I said) that Nagy felt he needed somebody with some on court college experience with Loney in the frontcourt and a JC was our only option with Berte and Beren gone. Now, Nagy realized this year is essentially another building block, thats it.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Let's remember that A&M is a young team as well, and in fact, I think has 1 more freshmen than we have. They are also one year less into the DI transfer. I've been reading posts stating we are young - which is true- but so was A&M.

Let's be realistic here and not always wear blue & yellow tinted lenses.

With that said, we are only two games into the season. The season is very, very young.

Also, one cannot fault Nagy for going after Jucos. We needed an older big man, and Nagy too that chance on Brandon. It didn't pan out. I am just a measly fan, but I would encourage Nagy to keep going after jucos. I don't want our team built around them, but they serve a purpose of filling in gaps. There are plenty of jucos who have helped the 4 year schools they transferred into including Nick Van Exel, Bobby Jackson, Vincent Grier, and countless others.

Go Jacks and learn from these past two games! Beat VMI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            Now, Brandon, I don't know.  I think (I think I said) that Nagy felt he needed somebody with some on court college experience with Loney in the frontcourt and a JC was our only option with Berte and Beren gone.  Now, Nagy realized this year is essentially another building block, thats it.
            From what I've heard, Brandon was not necessarily going to be a huge addition even if he stayed. He would have provided experience, but he would still have been a freshman to the SDSU system. Also, he didn't do anything to negate our lack of size. Just what I heard.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
            X