Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tournament Tickets On Sale Thursday

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    That's the truth. SDSU involvement aside, this is our chance to show that South Dakota can support a Division I tournament. Obviously the Arena should be pretty full for the SDSU/NDSU involved games, but I would like to see there be a consistent crowd of 4000 for most games in this tournament.

I hope to see you there. I already have my schedule opened up and if I can stand it I want to watch every game in this tournament.
    I got 4 session tickets today. I'll be there for the whole tourney.

Anybody have their hotel rooms yet? The Sheraton would be easy and convenient (if there are any rooms) but my kids love the Ramada and they'll be there for at least a day or two.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Two thoughts on the Ramada and kids:
      1. Great water park that will be packed (is every weekend even when no events)
      2. It will be really, really packed but it is a great water park.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

In his live blog today, TV said there were only about 350 reserved seats left for the Summit Tournament but plenty of general admission.

Comment

I'm honestly REALLY surprised there isn't more chatter on Bisonville about the Tournament and getting tickets. They're obviously in Football mode over there, which is cool, but I'm actually going to give my early prediction that NDSU will knock off Oral Roberts this year to go to the Dance.

Hope they're not relying on Jackrabbit fans to storm the court because they didn't get around to purchasing tickets. We're all good friends and healthy rivals, but that's asking a bit much!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I got 4 session tickets today. I'll be there for the whole tourney.

Anybody have their hotel rooms yet? The Sheraton would be easy and convenient (if there are any rooms) but my kids love the Ramada and they'll be there for at least a day or two.
            I wonder how much room at the Ramada will be open to the public, because I believe all teams and conference personell, etc are to be staying there.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I heard the Sheraton for league & teams. I would think they would want to be in the on-site hotel, but maybe not. The players would definitely get more rest at the Sheraton.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                I wonder how much room at the Ramada will be open to the public, because I believe all teams and conference personell, etc are to be staying there.
                I reserved a room at the Sheraton a couple of days ago... $189 a night. ouch

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  I reserved a room at the Sheraton a couple of days ago... $189 a night. ouch
                  We got our tickets today in section R. I expect to have access to better tickets for the Jackrabbit games but I am happy to support the Summit League and the Sioux Falls Sports Authority by buying session passes. I fully expect that they will return the favor as they should be expected to do so. I must admit that I haven't been this excited about post-season basketball this early in the season before. That my friends is a good thing.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                    I heard the Sheraton for league & teams. I would think they would want to be in the on-site hotel, but maybe not. The players would definitely get more rest at the Sheraton.
                    I remember when they toured the Arena, etc before awarding the conference tournament to Sioux Falls that one of the things they really liked was the great hotel attached for teams, conference personell to stay on site.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Anyone heard any updates on if tickets for this tourney have continued to sell? I know its football season, but I've got my tickets and am hoping that they continue to sell well.

I want South Dakota to do a good job of hosting our first NCAA tournament related event.

Comment

I was looking forward to going to the tournament that weekend, but then we discovered my wife is pregnant and due just a week later (and is not a basketball fan), so I'll probably miss it live this year.

I know, I know, bad planning on my part!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Congrats on the baby Rowdy! As a guy who has been married for nearly 20 years I may have some advice for you as to how to get to a game or two during that week and come off like a hero.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                            Congrats on the baby Rowdy! As a guy who has been married for nearly 20 years I may have some advice for you as to how to get to a game or two during that week and come off like a hero.
                            I, for one, would like to hear more. Let's hear it...

Comment

A real nice thing to do for your wife is to invite her to have her mother come stay for a while. You come across as a hero for coming up with the idea and the two ladies can "nest" while you get a chance to get out and catch a ball game or two.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                                A real nice thing to do for your wife is to invite her to have her mother come stay for a while. You come across as a hero for coming up with the idea and the two ladies can "nest" while you get a chance to get out and catch a ball game or two.
                                While on the surface it sounds like a good plan (and could very well work), if your wife changes her mind at the last minute (which wives, much less pregnant ones never do) you could be stuck at home not watching the game and nesting with your mother-in-law.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X