Summit League Tournament Tickets On Sale Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament Tickets On Sale Thursday

Wow. I must admit it caught me a little off-guard that these go on sale on Thursday, but I will have to get at least two tickets. I know I'm planning on watching pretty much every game in this tournament.

With only 4000 available to the general public I'm hoping they go very fast. So we can show the conference that they should keep this tourament here in Sioux Falls.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...0202/808270333

According to the Sioux Falls Arena website, 6300 is current capacity for basketball events. So the other 2300 tickets won't go very far being split between the other Summit League schools and corporate sponsore. Better get yours out of this initial 4000.

Go Jacks!
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Re: Summit League Tournament Tickets On Sale Thursday

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    Wow. I must admit it caught me a little off-guard that these go on sale on Thursday, but I will have to get at least two tickets. I know I'm planning on watching pretty much every game in this tournament.

With only 4000 available to the general public I'm hoping they go very fast. So we can show the conference that they should keep this tourament here in Sioux Falls.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...0202/808270333

According to the Sioux Falls Arena website, 6300 is current capacity for basketball events. So the other 2300 tickets won't go very far being split between the other Summit League schools and corporate sponsore. Better get yours out of this initial 4000.

Go Jacks!
    Agreed, I plan to buy at least 2 session tickets. I suspect one of the corporate sponsors will have tickets for me as well but I want to do my part to support the Summit League.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Agreed, I plan to buy at least 2 session tickets. I suspect one of the corporate sponsors will have tickets for me as well but I want to do my part to support the Summit League.
      Agreed...I'm sure I could get tickets elsewhere as well. But I'm going to buy 2 session passes as well. I know I won't have any trouble getting rid of them if need be.

Comment

I wonder if there will be cheap student tickets? I know ORU had free tickets for their students for all sessions in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
          I wonder if there will be cheap student tickets? I know ORU had free tickets for their students for all sessions in the past.
          I think its a distinct possibility that these 4000 tickets will sell. Perhaps it will take a while because we aren't even in basketball season yet, but with SDSU and NDSU looking to take in this first ever experience for their schools I would be surprised if these 4000 didn't all get sold.

If so, there are only 2300 more tickets to go around. Imagine dividing these between league schools only would be 230 tickets per school. But corporate sponsor tickets also must come out of this total, so approx. 200 per school would be a good guess.

Let's just say that I definately wouldn't sit around and wait for the school allotment if you really want to go to this event.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I predict that if SDSU and NDSU are both in, these 4000 seats will be gone, especially if either has a really good season with a legit chance at winning...
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

i suppose there is no way to order them online?

Comment

I called the 1-800 number that was given in the article and you can get tickets on ticketmaster.com too so I guess that's where I will be getting our's from tomorrow at 10.00am.

Comment

thanks for that info. i will order mine on ticketmaster also

Comment

Went down there and got mine this morning. At nearly 10:30 the best I could get for four seats was 5th row in the balcony center court.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

I just picked up mine. Lower level, top row, even with the free throw line on north end. They are going fast, and Arena staff told me no doubt they will sell out.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

can't get four together in the center upper section now...or 2 in the lower level...
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

im in section O row 8. i did mine on ticketmaster.

Comment

Looks like mine are in section SEC-U, row 4, seats 21-20.

Hopefully they will be pretty good seats!

Comment

Mine are in Sec O Row 5 - see you there Mitchell.

I am disappointed I didn't think to ask if I could get 2 and 2 in the lower section at that time but row 5 at center court will be just fine.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X