Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Denver game thread.

Good Job Team!
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Over the last four games the team has averaged 16 turnovers a game. Maybe this is a good indictator of the improvement the team is seeing. Compared to the first five games when they averaged 23.8 turnovers a game. It's hard to deny the team is improving, it is a learning process. They are learning the system slowly.

Comment

And it looks like Nagy was correct about Callahan

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
          [quote author=filbert link=1165086401/45#52 date=1165184626][quote author=NightHawk78 link=1165086401/45#51 date=1165183981][quote author=RabbitinTea link=1165086401/45#48 date=1165183647]I believe I've heard the Nuggets play-by-play guy speak at a company event.  I think he was in a famous plane crash in Iowa years ago.  I'm pretty sure he was the guy, I'd have to verify with my wife.
          http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/bios.aspx?ID=13

Jerry Schemmel is the announcer.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the guy.

I'm celebrating the Jackrabbit sweep today with a precious bottle of home-brew hard cider.  (Raises glass)  To The Jackrabbits![/quote]

Here's a little more on Jerry Schemmel and some South Dakota and SDSU connections:

As noted by other posters, Jerry is the voice of the Denver Nuggets of the NBA.  He's a Madison, SD, native, played baseball at SDSU for a couple of years and then transferred to Washburn U in Topeka where he rec'd his bachelor's degree and a JD (law) degree.  Jerry's brother Jed was a Jackrabbit runner.  Their older brother, Jeff, is one of only two South Dakotans to have run a sub-4 minute mile -- Jeff did it while the distance ace at Kansas State U.  The other one was Steve Heidenreich of Watertown, running for the U of Indiana.  SDSU running coach Rod DeHaven rarely ran the mile in college, more often running the "metric mile" (1500 meters) and he had run sub-4 equivalents.  You should recall Jackrabbit Brad Lowery attempted to become the third sub-4 minute miler at the Howard Wood Relays in 04...ran 4:01 in very windy conditions and is the current South Dakota collegiate record holder.

Jerry Schemmel survived the terrible 1991 DC-10 crash at the Sioux City Airport.  Jerry was Ass't Commissioner of the Continental Basketball Association at the time.  He is a true hero: with a badly injured back, he went back into the smoking wreckage and pulled out a baby.  He later wrote a successful book about the experience (Reader's Digest included a condensed version one month) and is a popular speaker.

Jerry's brother, Jeff, is the athletic director at SDSU.  That's the OTHER SDSU: the Aztecs of San Diego State U.  He's been there a couple of years.

Good people.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the guy I was talking about. He spoke at a company event a couple of years ago when I lived/worked in Brookings. He was a very good speaker.

Comment

Working...
          X