Jared Vlastuin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jared Vlastuin

As of now, whats the scholarship breakdown by class? When would we have a scholarship available for him if he would still be interested? not for next year correct? Would that mean maybe his JR year would he able to join? I know its all speculation, but just curious. We are full for next year, but how many are on scholarship in the Jr class? 3 or 4? Im guessing that would be the soonest(if thats a word) he would be able too. Unless Davis cant go next year would that change anything or would that scholarship still be locked up?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We still have a MBB scholarship left to give for next year. We will probably sign someone in the late signing period.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

To the question of him playing 2 years in MBB after 2 years in track...

I don't see Nagy doing that. I think he'd rather spend that scholarship on someone with either 4 years of eligibility, or a JuCo transfer who's had a year or two of competition.

----

And another matter to consider: This guy might be good enough to get SDSU farther in track than he could in basketball.

I think part of SDSU's strength during transition is that they haven't become one-dimensional. This school sponsors an extremely high number of sports for its size (SDSU has more student athletes than Colorado, to name one school, and Washington State to name another). To be able to achieve a measure of success in most of these sports, as they have done, is pretty impressive given their budget.

For that reason, hey, let the guy see what he can do for track & field. Men's basketball, men's track and Field, men's swim/dive, and tennis are the four areas where SDSU has really struggled to field a competitive product.

Comment

Working...
        X