Jared Vlastuin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Vlastuin

Do the Jacks still have that extra scholarship for next season (and beyond)? Maybe they should go after Jared Vlastuin, the former Lennox star. I see that he has been released from his basketball schollie at Drake. Wonder where he's headed? He's a good player. 6-6, and a high jumper and long jumper to boot.
    This space for lease.

Re: Jared Vlastuin

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Do the Jacks still have that extra scholarship for next season (and beyond)? Maybe they should go after Jared Vlastuin, the former Lennox star. I see that he has been released from his basketball schollie at Drake. Wonder where he's headed? He's a good player. 6-6, and a high jumper and long jumper to boot.
    I don't think we have a basketball scholarship left.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

i saw him on campus last week visiting. i have heard he is going to do track. I would think he would walk on for the basketball team and wait for a scholarship to open up but am unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        See the thread below for more on this topic

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6440

Comment

I was told from a track athlete, one who was his guide during orientation, and Vlastuin said that he will re-evaluate the basketball option next year, because he can't play this year so he is going to participate in track and if things open up for basketball next year he may play.

Comment

I hope he winds up playing basketball for the Jacks, too. He'd be a great addition to the team. Regardless of his athletic endeavors, I hope he comes to SDSU
            This space for lease.

Comment

This is one that hard to follow, but maybe not if you were close to Jared and his family. If Drake made a basketball offer, it indicates to me real basketball talent. With coaching changes, I can understand the request and granting of release from the letter of intent. Also I realize the basketball scholarship make up at SDSU is currently very tight.

I am sure the track team can use good athletes and Jared seems to fit that bill as well.

I too hope we use Jared on the BB team. It would mean giving up track. I think the one sport concept is rigid but at the same time, one sport seems to require year around conditioning and practice. Forty to fifty years ago, athletes at SDSU participated in as many as three sports, but those days are gone and what each athlete has to do to be competitive has increased multi times.

Jared is a great athlete and lets hope he does come to SDSU and participates in either track or bb.

Comment

Just a follow up, I noticed Jared is not listed on the SDSU track & field roster for the 2008-09 school year. Does anyone know if he is at SDSU as a student?

Note: I am in no way trying to make any indications and I realize this might be a "wrong time" to bring it up. Rather I am just curious because he seems to have disappeared off the face of the "sports" earth.

Comment

He is listed in the campus directory.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                    Just a follow up, I noticed Jared is not listed on the SDSU track & field roster for the 2008-09 school year. Does anyone know if he is at SDSU as a student?

Note: I am in no way trying to make any indications and I realize this might be a "wrong time" to bring it up. Rather I am just curious because he seems to have disappeared off the face of the "sports" earth.
                    Maybe he had to sit out the fall season of track as a transfer.
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Bub may be right but I know there are some (not many) errors on the 08-09 roster on GoJacks.com.

Comment

I know that he is still at SDSU... whether or not he is on the Track team I don't know....

Comment

it looks to me like the only freshman on the track roster are the ones that were on the cross country team. I don't think they have put the news people on yet

Comment

I don't think the spring rosters have been updated at all. The baseball roster only has the players left from last year listed.

Comment

my brother, who is on the track team, said that Jared is on the track team

Comment

Working...
                              X