X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Florida

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
    [quote author=filbert link=1167542924/45#56 date=1168220655]

Kai's second dunk was pretty good, although he probably should have gotten a technical for hanging on the rim and/or slapping the backboard after the dunk, so you have to take style points away for that.
    Filbert you're letting your age show. Don't you know in this day and age that you get rewarded style points for hanging on the rim and/or slapping the backboard. Geez. [/quote]

In High School here in Regina, depending on who is reffing ofcourse you can get a technical foul and get sat down by your coach they do not promote hanging on the rim at all....so one night in a high school game jrs Kai did a nice dunk and the crowd were on their feet cheering and he laughed and made a strong arm action in fun and he got a T for that So he never usually hangs too much on the rim, we think (his dad and I) THAT HE SEEMS TO BE GETTING A BIT TOUGHER. which is fine by us

Comment

I think Wags beating on his butt in practice is toughening Kai up a lot. I've seen numerous dunks at Frost and Kai's might have been one of the most athletic.

Comment

Whose Wags ??

Comment

Chris Wagner, tight end on our football team, from Brookings, and last year was one of the four football players who volunteered to play in several games when we were very shorthanded. Glad you made it home OK!

Comment

The roads were wondeful until.......we hit the Canadian border :-[ at around, 8.30pm then it was snow blowing snow, drifting snow, high winds 75kms an hour, we got in at 11.15pm

Comment

Adding my two cents worth on Kai's dunks, particularly the first one....
              From my angle in the stands, I have to say it was the best dunk (entertainment value; athletic ability etc.) I've personally witnessed at Frost.  I didn't see White dunk...saw Matt Jones do a few.  Kai's arm seemed at least eight feet long and his timing, placement etc was perfect.  It was a big-time dunk.  I think the guys from UCF appreciated it.

My freshman year at SDSU was '72-73, the transition season from the Barn to Frost Arena.  I think the best college dunk I saw for lots of reasons, was Lee Colburn's dunk in a game at the Barn in late 1972.  My recollection is that it was the last game against USD in the Barn.  Back then, dunking, even in warmups, earned a "T".  Coach Marking had it worked out ahead of time that if we had a good run and got up on the opponents, he'd signal Colburn and Colburn would dash down the court and slam the ball and draw the T.  He did it and crowd noise must have lifted the roof two feet.    

Colburn remains the #2 all-time scoring leader at SDSU.  

Comment

I was in the Barn for that game also, JackJD, and it was an exciting evening. But I would have to say that the one by Kai was one for the books. It was picture perfect...and I have no idea how he elevated so high and made the dunk with a fluid motion that was something to behold. Awesome.

Comment

Hey, anybody out there...how do you read a message you have??? Sorry, need help!

Comment

On the top of the board, it says "Hey soandso, you have 10 messages, o are new."

Click on the "10 Messages"

When you get there, don't click the user, but instead click on the subject of the message.

Hope this helps, If not someone else can explain, but I gotta get going to a game

Comment

Working...
                    X