ORU at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU at home

Oral Roberts comes into Frost off a loss at home against Creighton in the Bracket Busters. Oral will be without leading scorer Robert Jarvis (high ankle sprain) who averages over 16 a game. This game is definately winnable at Frost. ORU is 20-7, 15-1 in conference.

Go Jacks!

Re: ORU at home

Hey guys, ORU fan here. Thanks to 89rabbit for inviting ORU fans over to your board for a little pre-game discussion. We're looking forward to our first trip to the Dakotas! As bluehatman said, our top scorer, Robert Jarvis, is making the trip but most likely will not be playing - which means we'll be seeing what our team is made of. As we found out from the Tulsa paper this AM, we've still got to win a game this weekend in order to tie up the first seed in the Summit League tournament. We thought we had it sewed up with our two conference wins last week - but apparently there is a difference in the way the conference figures conference standings and tournament seedings. Figure that one out! Anyway, it puts a little more pressure on us to win this weekend without Jarvis. Should make things interesting!

I'm looking forward to the games this weekend. Best of luck to the Jackrabbits in this final week of conference play. Speaking of Jackrabbits, I really like your new logo - that's one tough looking rabbit!

Comment

We are just making the 11 hour journey , so see you there on Thursday, we will be cheering loudly

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
        We are just making the 11 hour journey , so see you there on Thursday, we will be cheering loudly
        How big a hassle is the border? Does the border crossing factor greatly into the 11 hours or is it usually a pretty quick thing?

Also, looking forward to the game tomorrow night. Hopefully we come out a little more sharp than the last time we played them (Dec. 8). We only shot 7-29 in the first half that game en route to a 36-22 deficit at half.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Story from the Tulsa paper:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/ext..._B7_World04125

Eagles try for No. 1 seed

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer
          2/28/2008

ORU will likely be without leading scorer Robert Jarvis.

Dread oozed throughout the Summit League when North Dakota State and South Dakota State were admitted as new member schools.

Coaches and athletes around couldn't imagine the trek north in the dead of winter. But not Oral Roberts basketball coach Scott Sutton. He was looking forward to it.

"I'm probably the only person in America to be excited about going to the Dakotas," Sutton said earlier this week. "I always find it interesting going to places I've never been."

Sutton also understands that Thursday's visit to South Dakota State is strictly business. . . . (read more)

See you at Frost!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by tmh8286 View Post
            Hey guys, ORU fan here. Thanks to 89rabbit for inviting ORU fans over to your board for a little pre-game discussion...I'm looking forward to the games this weekend. Best of luck to the Jackrabbits in this final week of conference play. Speaking of Jackrabbits, I really like your new logo - that's one tough looking rabbit!
            Welcome to our board...and to Brookings. You're obviously a great ORU fan if you are traveling all the way up here. Hope you enjoy our facility, our fans, our attitude (even though the weather may not be to your liking!!) We are a very young team, with difficulty putting people away, and while we know ORU would like to wrap up the #1 seed...we would just as soon see you do it in Fargo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              Welcome to our board...and to Brookings. You're obviously a great ORU fan if you are traveling all the way up here. Hope you enjoy our facility, our fans, our attitude (even though the weather may not be to your liking!!) We are a very young team, with difficulty putting people away, and while we know ORU would like to wrap up the #1 seed...we would just as soon see you do it in Fargo!

Well, I LIKE to think I'm a great ORU fan, but I confess, I didn't express myself very well in that post - I'm looking forward to keeping up with the games from my home here in Broken Arrow, a suburb of Tulsa! However, after reading Filbert's blog and seeing the pics of all the places he's been around the conference, it makes me wish I was going to be with the team in Brookings this evening. I promise I'll be cheering my team on, but neither they, nor you guys, will be able to hear me!

Comment

Thought it was a long way for a single game! Anyway, again welcome to you, and I'm sure the team will appreciate your loud cheers. It will be a tough game for us, but I'm a firm believer that we will provide more competition in the league next year. And, of course, we hope to win our last two games!

Comment

UGLY.

9-0 ORU with 11:35 left in the half. Jacks are something like 0-14 from the field, and taking alot of bad shots.

Comment

Can I say we have a really bad offense or will that get me in trouble? I feel bad for anyone who can't admit that. Our youth bodes well. What does boding get you?
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yeah, but still...even our good shots aren't falling tonight.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

An Engen 3 with 9 to play in the half is our first FG...now I've heard it all.

And then he follows with an airball.....

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
                          Hopefully we come out a little more sharp than the last time we played them (Dec. 8). We only shot 7-29 in the first half that game en route to a 36-22 deficit at half.
                          Guess we didnt come out anymore sharp tonight than on Dec. 8.

Comment

8.3% from the field....alllllrightttt!

Comment

We're really bad but at least we are young and bad. I know saying that makes me the "bad" guy/fan but facts are facts. By the way, missing good shots is no better than taking bad shots. Do I have a bad attitude? No I recognize where we're at and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Back to the game. Be as critical of my posts as you would like. I'll remain a fan but I won't gloss things over. JD should remain optimistic just appreciate a perspective like mine. Its alright to be disappointed when someone disappoints you.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X