Callahan Brother make ESPN.com list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callahan Brother make ESPN.com list

Garrett and Griffin Callahan made this article on ESPN.com I stumbled upon today:

Unfortunately they have Griffin's school wrong but pretty cool to be on this list regardless.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...t&lid=tab1pos1

Re: Callahan Brother make ESPN.com list

I have absolutely nothing but a gut feeling to base this on, but I think that Griffin Callahan might turn out to be one of those diamond-in-the-rough players that will really, really help the Jackrabbits down the road.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I have absolutely nothing but a gut feeling to base this on, but I think that Griffin Callahan might turn out to be one of those diamond-in-the-rough players that will really, really help the Jackrabbits down the road.
      Could it be the fact that our Men's team is due for a little luck when it comes to players?

Comment

But why waste a space on a kid that is D2 material?

Comment

Wow, someone doesn't have any faith. Have you seen Griffin play Just in the Crowd? UND knew they were going DI when they recruited him. He might have been scheduled to play during their transition, it doesn't change the fact that a future DI school recruited him. I have no idea which other schools were looking at him as a recruit, but I'm gonna take for granted that Garrett and him have probably played many games against each other growing up (one-on-one and scrimmages) to think he can probably handle himself. I'll wait until next years Midnight Madness to see him on the court and get a feel for his talent.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

We did offer him a schollie coming into his senior year Just in the Crowd. So to say he isn't D1 material is unfair when he had 3 other D1 schools looking at him. He just squandered our offer by waiting too long. He'll fit in good here, just hope it doesn't become the Callahan show and everyone else takes a place in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
              We did offer him a schollie coming into his senior year Just in the Crowd. So to say he isn't D1 material is unfair when he had 3 other D1 schools looking at him. He just squandered our offer by waiting too long. He'll fit in good here, just hope it doesn't become the Callahan show and everyone else takes a place in the background.
              Not trying to pick on your post. What do you mean?

It needs to be someone's show around here......

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                Not trying to pick on your post. What do you mean?

It needs to be someone's show around here......
                We still have Kai and some other weapons around here. I guess I'm just worried about it being the Callahan brothers taking over 50% of our shots in a game.

Comment

I don't think that is going to happen. Garrett doesn't take that many shots right now and I don't see him being a 'shot-hog'.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I think the point he is getting to is when you get 2 guys that have played with each other in the past they tend to see each other as there first option..... I think the fact that it will be 2 years separated since they played with each other that it shouldn't be much of a problem.....

Comment

Feb 22 vs. NDSU
                      Beran - 13 shots
                      Callahan - 9 shots
                      Team - 55 shots
                      % for top two shooters - 40
                      Honorable Mention - Williams & Sargent - 8 shots apiece

Feb 16 vs. UMKC
                      Callahan - 17 shots
                      Sargent - 13 shots
                      Team - 62 shots
                      % for top two shooters - 48
                      Honorable Mention - Beran - 12 shots

Feb 14 vs. SUU
                      Williams - 9 shots
                      Callahan - 9 shots
                      Team - 44 shots
                      % for top two shooters - 40
                      Honorable Mention - Sargent & Beran - 8 shots apiece

Feb 9 vs. WIU
                      Williams - 11 shots
                      Sargent - 11 shots
                      Team - 52 shots
                      % for top two shooters - 42
                      Honorable Mention - Beran - 8 shots

Feb 7 vs. IUPUI
                      Williams - 10 shots
                      Beran - 14 shots
                      Team - 47 shots
                      % for top two shooters - 51
                      Honorable Mention - Sargent & Callahan - 8 shots apiece

Feb 2 vs. Oak.
                      Callahan - 13 shots
                      Williams - 13 shots
                      Team - 62 shots
                      % for top two shooters - 42
                      Honorable Mention - Beran - 12 shots

Two points to this post;
                      1. I have to much time on my hands
                      D. I suppose I can see your point about it becoming the Callahan show,
                      but in all honesty, at least through the February games(and I'm
                      assuming the numbers throughout the year would be similar), 2
                      players typically get around 50% of the shots anyhow, so as long as
                      they are going in the basketball hoop, I could care less who's getting
                      the shots. The other 50%-60% of the shots typically get spread
                      around pretty decently.
                      V. I love Jackrabbit basketball!
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I love your point in letter one.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                          But why waste a space on a kid that is D2 material?
                          I dont believe he is D2, I have heard that Griffin has shown some defensive skills in practice so far, so he might be one better than his brother in the defense department.

I dont think there is much chance of the team becoming the Callahan show unless Coach Nagy and staff work up a number of plays that make it the Callahan show. After all they still pretty much call all the plays. I think they will be looking for plays and screens that win games and do not promote individuals.

Comment

This is just a dumb discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                              This is just a dumb discussion...
                              Well, no, you see, once a student-athlete sets foot on a D-II campus, he becomes tainted with the scent of a Lower Division, and can never wash himself clean of it. Kind of like Macbeth, but without the dying and stuff.

Now, all this discussion needs is for some UND person to come on and try to tell us that UND is actually a D-I school because they have D-I hockey. That would, I'm sure, clear everything up for everyone.

Note: above was intended to be light-hearted humor, in case you were wondering.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X