Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU-UMKC in Kemper Arena

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    It's been discussed at great length what kind of ability Kai has and how he might be capable of even more. We might be trying to put a bit much on his shoulders. All he does now is lead the team in scoring, rebounding, and not turn the ball over. Not bad for a sophomore. The next two years with Kai are going to be amazing!
    Kai gets a bad rap from a few people, unfairly I think, because he is such a great athlete that he makes much of what he does look pretty effortless. Of course it isn't, but he makes it look that way. And he's so efficient in what he does that unless he's dunking the ball or raining in a 3, you don't always notice his effort. Combine that with an unflappable maturity, and some might draw the wrong conclusions about him.

From what I've seen of him on and off the court, he's just a terrific young man.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Kai gets a bad rap from a few people, unfairly I think, because he is such a great athlete that he makes much of what he does look pretty effortless. Of course it isn't, but he makes it look that way. And he's so efficient in what he does that unless he's dunking the ball or raining in a 3, you don't always notice his effort. Combine that with an unflappable maturity, and some might draw the wrong conclusions about him.

From what I've seen of him on and off the court, he's just a terrific young man.
      You just did a much better job of saying what I was trying to say!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Very well put, JJ.

Comment

Agreed. We are lucky to have him.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I said it in another post, but will say it again. SDSU is lucky to have Kai Williams. Great athlete who will be a big building block of our D1 program. Hats off to the parents who make a long drive down to Brookings from Regina to watch their son. I dont know what the total distance, but it has to be a very,very long drive. Kai is kind of our Woodside, in terms of leadership. Yes I realize they play different positions but what they contribute as a leader is comparable. I recall Coach Nagy saying he did not worry about Kai, meaning he felt he was a dedicated athlete and often does not need to be told what to do.

Comment

IT IS AN 11 HOUR DRIVE

We are happy to drive the 11 hours just to see our son, and watch him play, and support the JACKS, we just wish we could be there at the away games too but we have to work in between trips LOL It's tough to lose games and then read that people think your son wasn't working hard enough to win. He is only one guy, it takes 5 guys to win. Kai is not the kind of player just to shoot the ball just to be shooting it....

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                I was talking to a coach from another university and he asked me about Kai and I told him how in a recent game he had a quiet 20+ point and 10+ rebound game. He just looked at me and said, "How do you have a quiet 20 and 10?" It's hard to describe with Kai. The game just goes along and then you look at the scoreboard with several minutes to go in the second half and there he is with 10, 12, 15, 18 points. I'm never left with the feeling that he really "went off" in a game. He just puts in consistenly strong efforts on the glass which help him get easy buckets and free throws. Just imagine if he really "went off"?

SUPERBUNNY
                The quiet part is correct. I don't mean it as a slam. In the past, the Jacks have had players who shoot and shoot and shoot and get their 20 points. It didn't matter how many missed shots they took. That isn't how Kai gets his points. You don't realize he has scored that many points because he doesn't make the offense go through him. You look at the number of shots he takes at the end of the game and you don't even remember that many shots. I agree with you completely SUPERBUNNY!
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

With continued experience, we'll see more assertiveness from all of our underclassman, but especially Kai. I envision him taking more guys off the dribble and creating easier scoring opportunities for everyone. I believe this to be part of the natural maturation process for the entire team.

Friday night seems like as good a night as any to take another step forward.
                  If you don't know...You don't have it.

Comment

Working...
                  X