UTPA--The Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UTPA--The Rematch

Several times during the game Imming mentioned that SDSU players were standing around and let the UTPA player get the rebound.

I'm not sure how that translates into a "good effort."
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nagy:
      It was a lot different than the NJIT game, there they weren't very good. We played much better tonight, great effort, great energy, we moved the ball, I thought it was as good as our kids played in some time. The offensive rebounds really hurt us. We shoot 50% from the free throw line which isn't going to help you.

What I worry about is the effort of the kids, I am super-proud of them, I feel great about the way they played, I'm just sorry they didn't get rewarded for it.

Matt was in foul trouble all night, trying to do too much all night. I thought Garrett played better in the second half. Our kids did a great job--it's frustrating--I told them I wish I could give you the feeling of playing well late in the year trying for the playoffs, I told them that they played as hard as any of those teams that won 25 games.

I don't want to comment about the technical.

All we can do is ask the guys to come out with the kind of effort we came out with tonight. We hope our kids can bounce back. Putting this kind of effort out--coming back and doing it again on Saturday will be tough but I think we can do it.

Garrett played better, needs to shoot the ball more with confidence. We made some really dumb mistakes in this game, but that's going to happen. Garrett and Mackenzie, we need that kind of effort. Matt was lively tonight, he just got in foul trouble.
      The coach probably had a better view of the action than I did . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Did anyone foul out I had to leave

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
          Did anyone foul out I had to leave
          Bassett and Cadwell, I believe. The refereeing descended into the ridiculous in the second half (for both sides, but always seemed to hurt us more).
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Kai and I talked last night....

Comment

Let's hope the sad face is only referring to the game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
                Kai and I talked last night....
                I can't imagine how Kai and the other players are feeling about this season. Please pass on our support and tell him that I am so looking forward to watching him play next year as I can't make it to any of the remaining games this year. It must be tough for them to find a silver lining, but this years experience will definitely help next year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                X