• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to IPFW

what was the turnover differential?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Two turnovers in clutch time won't cut it. Looks like we come up just short again.
      Seems like we have heard this before...
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Another tough road loss...but I'm very happy with Nagy's attitude on the post-game. Sounds more positive than I've heard for a long time, even showed in his voice. He was pleased how hard they played, how we outrebounded them to try and stay in the game, and didn't fold up the camp in the second half. Maybe IPFW isn't a good team as noted by another poster, but at home with lots of seniors, we gave it a run right down to the last minutes. On to Oakland, GO JACKS!

Comment

Another tough road loss...but I'm very happy with Nagy's attitude on the post-game. Sounds more positive than I've heard for a long time, even showed in his voice. He was pleased how hard they played, how we outrebounded them to try and stay in the game, and didn't fold up the camp in the second half. Maybe IPFW isn't a good team as noted by another poster, but at home with lots of seniors, we gave it a run right down to the last minutes. On to Oakland, GO JACKS!
          Good post. I'm thankful we only have about a day and a half to rehash this one.

Comment

I concur with Jacks#1Fan as I always do. Nagy sounded really satisfied with how we played. Most noteably the rebounding edge we had which is always a big indicator of effort for him. He was happy with how Kia responded to the challenge he posed to him at halftime after Kia sat most of the 1st half with 2 fouls. He praised Dale for having a great game (career high 10 points). He also mentioned how on this road trip they are letiting the guys on the team make a lot of the decisions on and off the court. Putting things in their hands. He felt like they responded well to that which had something to do with "the best road effort we've had in a long time." He did say they need Clint and AC to play better. Said they are slumping right now and we need to get more out of them. IMO just another part of being a freshman...they aren't used to keeping the level of play up this high for this many games with all the travel, school and other responsibilities.

Kia's interview was also nice to hear. He took it upon himself to point out it was his defensive mistakes that allowed 2 of the open 3s in the 2nd half. Very classy, well spoken kid and we are lucky to have him.

Keep your heads up folks...this team has got talent, they just need to learn how to win!

Comment

"Kia's interview was also nice to hear. He took it upon himself to point out it was his defensive mistakes that allowed 2 of the open 3s in the 2nd half. Very classy, well spoken kid and we are lucky to have him."

Kia=Optima
              Kai=Jackrabbit

Comment

We can all sit here and say o..we did this well. Then we can say we didn't do this well. Or we are so young like many like to say as well. Give it up, we don't have the killer instinct to win the close one's. We don't have that one player that says give me the damn ball I'm gonna score and carry this team to the win!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                  This story is getting old. IPFW is NOT a good team.
                  \

guess what, we're in last place in the summit league, we are NOT a good team either. but im looking forward to the next couple of years

Comment

Working...
                  X