On to IPFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On to IPFW

I think it's time to move past yesterday.

I, along with many of you have been at each other's throats. I suppose it is a good thing. Shows we all care and that's a good sign.

Thursday is a good opportunity for a road win and hopefully a jump start to a good finish to the season.

Here's to a win on Thursday!!!

Re: On to IPFW

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post

I, along with many of you have been at each other's throats. I suppose it is a good thing. Shows we all care and that's a good sign.

Thursday is a good opportunity for a road win and hopefully a jump start to a good finish to the season.

Very much agreed. New game, new attitude.

I hate IPFW!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Onto IPFW it is. They will be a formidable foe. Same overall record as the Jacks and a better conference record. Both the men and women need our full support now. The lady Jacks are fine and on a roll. However, our men need our support more than ever. Fan support during these tough times may be just enough to keep the young talent we have and send a positive message to recruits. The one thing we cannot afford to have happen at the end of this season is to lose current players. So, be positive, be at frost and cheer for your Jacks.

Go big, Go blue, Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
        Onto IPFW it is. They will be a formidable foe. Same overall record as the Jacks and a better conference record. Both the men and women need our full support now. The lady Jacks are fine and on a roll. However, our men need our support more than ever. Fan support during these tough times may be just enough to keep the young talent we have and send a positive message to recruits. The one thing we cannot afford to have happen at the end of this season is to lose current players. So, be positive, be at frost and cheer for your Jacks.

Go big, Go blue, Go Jacks

Just to clarify, the game is in Fort Wayne, not at Frost. The Jacks won both the men's and women's games against IPFW in Frost earlier this month. This is good oppurtunity for both teams to pick up a road win. Following IPFW will be a road trip to Oakland. It will be interesting to see how the Men compete against both of these teams. I hope they put forth a competitive effort. The women can't afford another loss for the rest of the season.

The next home game is Feb. 7th against IUPUI. I plan to be in attendance to cheer on the Jacks. Hope to see all of you there.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post

Amen! Rep points given.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Some perspective from TV's blog:
            http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ategory=SPORTS
            During the low points of this season, SDSU men’s basketball coach Scott Nagy - a pessimist by nature - has stopped to search for affirmation. Here’s one for this week: Although in last place in the Summit League midway through the conference season, the Jacks (7-13, 2-7) are one questionable goaltending call from being tied with four teams at 3-6 and one game out of fifth place.
            I think that 20 point blow outs suck as much as the next guy but this team is so much better than we have ever had. I am not saying we should just shrug off everything but perspective sometimes helps.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Speaking of that crappy goaltend call, did anybody see the end of the WVU vs Georgetown game? They didn't call that goaltending. Lets stomp IPFW.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Speaking of that crappy goaltend call, did anybody see the end of the WVU vs Georgetown game? They didn't call that goaltending. Lets stomp IPFW.
                It was no-call, right? Unless it is clearly a goaltend (foul or whatever), at that time of the game the stripes should swallow their whistle...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                  It was no-call, right? Unless it is clearly a goaltend (foul or whatever), at that time of the game the stripes should swallow their whistle...
                  I think (but may be wrong!) that JackMD was pointing out that even though the shot he described might well have been goaltending...nobody called it -- just as the call in our game should never have been called (and was clearly not goaltending anyway).

Comment

Any decent Ref wouldn't have made that kind of call with 13 secs left to play...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      I think (but may be wrong!) that JackMD was pointing out that even though the shot he described might well have been goaltending...nobody called it -- just as the call in our game should never have been called (and was clearly not goaltending anyway).
                      That is what I was trying to say also. It should have been a no call. Sometimes my writing skills are a little weak...

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                        Any decent Ref wouldn't have made that kind of call with 13 secs left to play...
                        So you are saying that a decent ref would determine whether or not to make the call based on the time on the clock, not the rules? I've never refereed and I can see that you haven't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                          So you are saying that a decent ref would determine whether or not to make the call based on the time on the clock, not the rules? I've never refereed and I can see that you haven't either.

I refree fb but not basketball, but I can guarantee you there are calls that you don't make during some points of the game in every sport.
                          IMO, that goaltend was one of those calls.

There maybe some refs that would disagree with my statement, but most coaches would give them this look, and so would a majority of "good" refs. By "good" refs, I mean the ones that know the game isn't about them, it's about the players.

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                            Ref's are always right just ask Tim Donaghy.

Comment

Snookums and I have made it to Ft. Wayne, where they're expecting 6 to 10 inches on snow on Friday.

I certainly hope we'll make it to Rochester for the Oakland game on Saturday, especially because our Southwest flight leaves DTW for home on Sunday!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X