Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU II

Since no one has started this thread...I'll get it going with this:

An article on tonight's game from Terry...it talks about both the men and women's game so I will dual post:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...RTS0202/702230 336/1002/SPORTS

Re: NDSU II

That was a great article Terry wrote, I've noticed he does a pretty good job covering SDSU. As for the game I think the bison will take it, this will be Dre's last game against SDSU and I'm sure he will want to make it a good one. My prediction is 75-68 Bison, with it being a rivalry and all I think it will end up being a good game. Hopefully the weather holds off and the team/rabbit fans are able to make it up to Fargo without any troubles.

Comment

If we keep it within 10 I'll be happy.  As sad as that is to say, it is the truth.

One other note for SDSU fans...in the article above, there is a quote in there from Fred Oien about how he feels about the men's coaching staff.  

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
        If we keep it within 10 I'll be happy. As sad as that is to say, it is the truth.

One other note for SDSU fans...in the article above, there is a quote in there from Fred Oien about how he feels about the men's coaching staff.
        At least he avoided the dreaded "vote of confidence" phrase.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Two scholarships to give out yet.

Beran, Berte, Cordova, Sargent and Moss already coming in, plus Hoogeveen who is red-shirting.

Actually 8 by my count.

Comment

Kleinjan is also a senior.......

I wonder if Moss or Sargent will get redshirted?

Comment

Trying to bring this post back around to this years team and the game tonight. Looking forward to listening. I just want to hear the Jacks competing. I think Nagy needs to try to slow it down, work the ball, and pack the lane on defense. Gotta make NDSU beat us from the outside. I hope Frias, Loney and Williams can carry the intensity over from the last game. If Callahan or Cadwell can step-up we could make this a game.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Slow it down???? we are not athletic enough to play a slow it down type of style... our half court offense stinks! when we had success in brief stints against the bison last time we were pushing the ball! I realize that we don't have the depth for that but we don't have a chance if we "slow it down."
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

“We’re North Dakota and they’re South Dakota,” said Smith, a 6-foot-8 senior from St. Paul. “I really didn’t understand what it was until I went to my first football game last year. You learn to hate ’em, I guess.”
                  http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157610

“They recruited me,” Winkelman said of SDSU. “When you play them, you kind of want to prove to them that you picked the right school.”

Great article.  Read more.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit
                    Slow it down???? we are not athletic enough to play a slow it down type of style... our half court offense stinks! when we had success in brief stints against the bison last time we were pushing the ball!  I realize that we don't have the depth for that but we don't have a chance if we "slow it down."
                    We don't have the depth or talent to push the ball against NDSU. The run at the end of the first half in the first game was keyed by defensive intensity and a couple of big shots by Casey. NDSU made some bad decisions on offense. NDSU just wore us down in the second half.

I think Nagy ought to try a deliberate offense tonight. That doesn't mean not taking open shots or running when its available. If we can work the clock, make some shots and get into a defensive set that will limit NDSU's posessions and allow us to keep the score under 70. We've only scored 70 about 5 times this year, granted we won several of those games but that was against less talented teams than NDSU. Eastern Mich and UVS both beat the Bison using a more deliberate offense. I realize they are more talented than this SDSU team but I think our only chance at winnning tonight is with a deliberate pace, great shooting, and the best defense we can play.

I don't think you have to be all that athletic to play a more deliberate game.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                      said Nagy, who is playing five freshmen this season and may have as many as seven new players in 2007-08.
                      http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...36/1002/SPORTS
                      Seven new players.  That math makes no sense.  I thought our only senior was Frias.  Sounds like more players are moving on.  Whats the deal?
                      2 redshirt freshman
                      2 incoming freshman
                      2 players returning
                      1 jc player????

That makes sence to me

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                        “We’re North Dakota and they’re South Dakota,” said Smith, a 6-foot-8 senior from St. Paul. “I really didn’t understand what it was until I went to my first football game last year. You learn to hate ’em, I guess.”
                        http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157610

“They recruited me,” Winkelman said of SDSU. “When you play them, you kind of want to prove to them that you picked the right school.”

Great article.  Read more.
                        91, my senior year in high school. One of Thorson's best teams thanks in large part to Chris White. Regional runners-up that year and champs the next year. I didn't realize we lost both games to NDSU that year. Would be nice to find another Chris White.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbballfan
                          [quote author=2002jack link=1172262085/0#4 date=1172288840]
                          said Nagy, who is playing five freshmen this season and may have as many as seven new players in 2007-08.
                          http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...36/1002/SPORTS
                          Seven new players.  That math makes no sense.  I thought our only senior was Frias.  Sounds like more players are moving on.  Whats the deal?
                          2 redshirt freshman
                          2 incoming freshman
                          2 players returning
                          1 jc player????

That makes sence to me[/quote]

Once again, I typed without thinking. I have deleted my statement. My bad. Let's use this thread to discuss the NDSU game.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The Rabbits need to come out tonight with a real attitude tonight if they want to make it a game. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing three or four of our guys foul out (of course, I'd rather see three or four of their guys foul out:-) ).

It could be close, or it could be as ugly going their way as last night's women's game got going our way.

All I really want is that the game will be close enough at the end that we have a legitimate chance to win.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

NDSU will have football players suited up for the game. They've been hit by the flu and have "borrowed" a couple from the grid squad. One in particular has a lot of basketball ability.

Talked to Tim Miles last night..teased him about using football players. He recalled how they were beat at Frost last year by two points and an SDSU football player scored: two points.

This season has been so unusual that I'm going to predict a big surprise for the Bison: SDSU 64, NDSU 62

Comment

Working...
                              X