SDSU/NDSU Men's and Women's Games on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU/NDSU Men's and Women's Games on TV

personally I would like Keloland and FSN North to pick up more local games (SDSU, NSU, USD, Augie, skyforce, stampede, storm), it beats a lot of the stuff that they put on television. However unless SDSU was to do a contract like what was talked about before last season in which 4 football games, 10mbb and 10 wbb I wouldn't do it..... If you do it last minute your forfeit a lot of possible revenue to the television station, its one of those things where you want to do it on your terms and unless you go big its not going to be on your terms. I think SDSU will wait a year or two and see what the conference is all about for basketball and football, figure out if the conference television deal has any chance of hurting them what so ever and if all is good they will go to hopefully Keloland (broadcast across the state) and come up with a multi sport/multi game deal that is fair. I think everybody including SDSU staff want there games to be televised but they don't want to do it half @ss and loose big and make it so they can't afford to do it....

Comment

So...is this weekends games on KSFY or not??????

I was checking the TV guide on Yahoo.com and Grey's Anatomy is scheduled in that spot...I'm sure as heck not watching that!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

yes it is on ksfy

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          So...is this weekends games on KSFY or not??????

I was checking the TV guide on Yahoo.com and Grey's Anatomy is scheduled in that spot...I'm sure as heck not watching that!!

Go Jacks!!
          I also noticed that. On my DISH system the guide feature has no mention of SDSU basketball on Friday night, but does list SDSU v. NDSU in Women's hoops on Saturday night on KSFY. I thought it was odd...glad I'm not the only one.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Here is the email from Jeremy Jorgenson and the coordinates if it helps anyone:

the game coordinates for both the Men’s Game on Friday and the Women’s game on Saturday are

Galaxy 17 Transponder 20

Analog Signal

This is a very common satellite and should be very easy for any sports bar to dial up.. if you have any problems call or email

Thanks... Enjoy the games...

Jeremy Jorgenson

Director of Athletic Broadcasting

North Dakota State University

Office: (701) 231-6594

Cell: (701) 799-6319

Comment

From an outsiders perspective I think having games on tv is well worth it. NDSU had 4 football games on tv this year and they were all sold out. The only game that wasn't sold out was the one that wasn't on tv. Montana didn't start selling out until their football games until they were on tv.

Anyway, if people see that the games are good and SDSU is putting a good team out there(which IMHO they are), people would rather be part of the action. Plus, think about all the bars and other places that can put the game on tv. They make more money and more than likely can become a sponsor or Team Maker(not sure what you call it at SDSU).

I am not saying this is exactly how it always happens but from my experience having games on tv helps more than it hurts.

Comment

NDSU has a Director of Athletic Broadcasting?

Yes, both games are on KSFY.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
                  NDSU has a Director of Athletic Broadcasting?

Yes, both games are on KSFY.
                  NDSU took all of their media in house last year so a person is needed to line-up radio affiliates, setup tv games, and sell advertising during tv games. He also does play by play for some of the tv games.

Comment

Working...
                  X