Cancun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancun

Does anyone know if the Men are for sure going to Cancun? Or are we still waiting for that to be confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post
      Does anyone know if the Men are for sure going to Cancun? Or are we still waiting for that to be confirmed?
      Klink is working on getting all the info finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        ...I then immediately wondered whether or not the dates would interfere with the SDSU/NDSU football game in Fargo.
        Take your date along to Cancun; or, stay in Brookings and keep an eye on your date so she doesn't interfere with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Take your date along to Cancun; or, stay in Brookings and keep an eye on your date so she doesn't interfere with the game.
          Now that's funny. Don't care who you are! The men are going, but the schedule has not been completed as of yet. If I heard correctly the women will play 3 games and the men two games.

I wonder if my wife will be concerned if I take my date?

Go big, Go blue, Go Jacks

Comment

Triple Crown Sports finally has the women's Cancun Thanksgiving tourney information on its website.

http://www.tccollegesports.net/image...TE%20Flyer.pdf
            The SDSU women's games are on November 26, 27 and 28. 50% of the payment is due by June 15 and the rest of it is due by September 15.

The men's information says "To Be Announced" for the teams, but the dates for the men's games are November 29 and 30.
            http://www.tccollegesports.net/image...ge%20Flyer.pdf

Remember -- passports are required! Book online at www.tccollegesports.net.

Comment

Thanks for the updated information.

Comment

Is anybody planning on going? Does anybody know what the cheapest flights are?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                  Is anybody planning on going? Does anybody know what the cheapest flights are?
                  I checked into flights the other day, and from Minneapolis/St. Paul they were in the $375-$475 range. Sioux Falls and Omaha were closer to $500-600.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

www.kayak.com

This is a website I use I can get a direct flight for about 500 dollars (Canadian) from Regina to Cancun.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                      www.kayak.com

This is a website I use I can get a direct flight for about 500 dollars (Canadian) from Regina to Cancun.
                      Wow, Mrs. Williams is now posting links on the internet. A few months ago that would not have been possible. She has come a long ways. Even she is getting an SDSU education. Good job.

Go State!!!
                      Go Jacks!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Hahahahahaha Veryyyyyyyyfunnnyyyyyyyy

Comment

Who is planning to make this trip? I'm contemplating a trip down there. Don't think there is any way I can stay more than 4 or 5 nights. Would need to arrange babysitter (not taking the kids to Cancun) and make arrangements for coverage at work. The wife is in.

Any more word about the men's teams that will compete? Looks like I have until June 15th to decide for sure. Anyone want to convince me one way or another?

Couple of more points, if we make the FCS playoffs I assume we would play on Nov 29th (unless, of course, we get a bye). It would be hard on me if I missed that game. In theory, I could attend the women's games and be back Saturday for a playoff game, in theory. Lots of variable at play there.

Anyone attend this event last year? How was it? I see under the men's info that courtside and VIP sideline tickets are available. Would they be worth it? Looks like it includes waiter service and tickets to VIP hospitality lounge. Banquet admission is an additional $50 for the men's tourney.

I think I best talk to those in the athletic dept but appreciate any advice from you guys.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It appears Gonzaga has backed out based on the latest from TCS website. In their place it now says TBA.

http://www.tccollegesports.net/image...TE%20Flyer.pdf
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

MD,

When I called in and got my reservations, I tried to get Melissa with Triple Crown to spill the beans on who else was coming. What she told me was it looked like they knew the 4 teams, but were waiting on a couple contracts to be signed and sent back to them before making any official announcements.

We went with the upgraded seats, but didn't go with the banquet. Melissa told me that the upgraded seats are only for the two SDSU games and that you move to general admission when the other games are being played in order to let their fans have the VIP seats.

Not real exciting news, but that's what I know for now. Hope it helps a little.

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Who is planning to make this trip? I'm contemplating a trip down there. Don't think there is any way I can stay more than 4 or 5 nights. Would need to arrange babysitter (not taking the kids to Cancun) and make arrangements for coverage at work. The wife is in.

Any more word about the men's teams that will compete? Looks like I have until June 15th to decide for sure. Anyone want to convince me one way or another?

Couple of more points, if we make the FCS playoffs I assume we would play on Nov 29th (unless, of course, we get a bye). It would be hard on me if I missed that game. In theory, I could attend the women's games and be back Saturday for a playoff game, in theory. Lots of variable at play there.

Anyone attend this event last year? How was it? I see under the men's info that courtside and VIP sideline tickets are available. Would they be worth it? Looks like it includes waiter service and tickets to VIP hospitality lounge. Banquet admission is an additional $50 for the men's tourney.

I think I best talk to those in the athletic dept but appreciate any advice from you guys.

Comment

Greetings Jacks fans,

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm next door in MN, but an alum/fan of the Virginia Commonwealth University Rams.

The Rams are also participating in the Cancun tourny. VCU is one of the 4 host schools, the others being Vanderbilt, New Mexico, and Drake.

By my reading, the format of this tourny is such that you guys are guaranteed to play 2 of the 4 host schools at their place, and then play 2 of the 4 road schools in Cancun.

I found out about you guys being in it via google, but I haven't been able to find who the other 3 road teams might be.

Here's links to the info that's been posted that our fans have found so far...

flyer for the men's tourny http://www.cancunchallenge.net/image...ge%20Flyer.pdf

and the "Cancun" thread on our main fan forum
                                http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewto...28773#p1028773

...so who knows, maybe we'll be seeing eachother, on the beach if not on the court.

Comment

Working...
                                X