Cancun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancun

Apparently the girls aren't the only one going to Cancun for Thanksgiving next year. Klink said the guys will be down there too.

Blue is thinking a Mexican Roadtrip is in Order!

Re: Cancun

As soon as I get the information from Coach Klink via e-mail we too will be making plans,

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      Apparently the girls aren't the only one going to Cancun for Thanksgiving next year. Klink said the guys will be down there too.

Blue is thinking a Mexican Roadtrip is in Order!

You will need your passport, I also checked at the Canadian Border too you will need one there, even by road as of 01/01/2008

Comment

In process of working on my passport as we speak.

Comment

Have passport, will travel!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
            In process of working on my passport as we speak.
            good

Comment

Triple Crown Sports (http://www.triplecrownsports.com/) is the company putting the games on. I contacted them and they said that they would have their website updated for Cancun by the end of January. (The website currently has the 2007 Cancun info on it with the pricing for the 4-night 2007 package in case you are interested in a rough pricing estimate.) They also told me that the games are scheduled for Nov. 26, 27, 28 and 29. No, I don't know which dates are for men and which are for women.

The host hotel and gym is the Moon Palace Resort which is an all-inclusive resort (http://www.palaceresorts.com/resorts...lace/index.asp). I was also told that if you do NOT stay at the Moon Palace Resort there is a $110/person charge for each day that you want to get on the Moon Palace property in order to attend a game (and you still have to buy a game ticket in addition to the $110 daily charge). So, start saving those dollars for either the all-inclusive Moon Palace Resort or for the $110/person charge per day that you want to attend a game!!!

One way or the other, Filbert and I will be in Cancun cheering on the Jacks.

Comment

Triple Crown Sports is the organization that hosts the WNIT tournament.

Comment

So booking 25th to the 30th would be a plan then ??

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                    So booking 25th to the 30th would be a plan then ??
                    I would wait until Triple Crown Sports figures out their pricing, but for planning purposes I'm putting Nov. 25 - 30 on our calendar.

Also, I did some quick pricing estimates and based on what Triple Crown charged in 2007, it would cost $2060 for 2 people for 5 nights. Using the Moon Palace Resort website, it would cost $1800 for 2 people for Nov. 25 - 30 but that obviously wouldn't include game tickets or the team banquet. Anyway, wait until Triple Crown Sports has their website updated with 2008 pricing before committing to anything but start saving.

Comment

Note that transportation is not included. I searched today, and found some round-trip from Minneapolis and Omaha for around $500 a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookums View Post
                        I would wait until Triple Crown Sports figures out their pricing, but for planning purposes I'm putting Nov. 25 - 30 on our calendar.

Also, I did some quick pricing estimates and based on what Triple Crown charged in 2007, it would cost $2060 for 2 people for 5 nights. Using the Moon Palace Resort website, it would cost $1800 for 2 people for Nov. 25 - 30 but that obviously wouldn't include game tickets or the team banquet. Anyway, wait until Triple Crown Sports has their website updated with 2008 pricing before committing to anything but start saving.
                        Snookums (or Filbert): I assume the $1800 you were commenting on for Moon Palace is for their all-inclusive price? (I think all-inclusive is mandatory there, but I'm not sure) Can you comment on that (and was the price for a week, or just five or six nights)?

Comment

My first thought when i saw this was that it would be a great trip...I then immediately wondered whether or not the dates would interfere with the SDSU/NDSU football game in Fargo. How is that for SDSU not being a football school...the tides are a changing.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

We could be in the football playoffs at this time next year. I'm not booking any tickets until I see how the football season plays out.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Snookums (or Filbert): I assume the $1800 you were commenting on for Moon Palace is for their all-inclusive price? (I think all-inclusive is mandatory there, but I'm not sure) Can you comment on that (and was the price for a week, or just five or six nights)?
                              The $1,800 per person for Moon Palace was for 5 nights based on going to its website and "pretending" to book for 11/25/08 - 11/30/08 and identifying that two people would be in the room. (The $1,800 is per person, assuming two to a room.) Moon Palace is all-inclusive (and you don't have any choice -- all of Moon Palace is all-inclusive) which means that your food, beverages (alcohol is also free), airport transfers, non-motorized water sports, etc. are "free" since you already are paying $1,800 for 5 nights. You would still have to pay for incidentals like phone calls, laundry and obviously airfare. I personally hate all-inclusive places due to their high cost (and since I don't drink), but they didn't ask for my opinion when they chose Cancun/Triple Crown Sports!!

Comment

Working...
                              X