Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Officiating

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    One more thing, in most cases the players are compensated much more than the officals ever could be.
    Apples, say hello to the oranges.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      Apples, say hello to the oranges.
      Rep points for you. Poor officiating should be recognized as poor. Fair officiating is EXPECTED and not necessarily recognized. That said, I trust the officials have recognized their error and that they will try to improve.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        You need to read his sentence again:
        "The great things is that the team won and we can move on!"

That doesn't mean we won because of the officiating, it means its great that the Jacks won.
        Yeah, that!!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well this is my first time on the board... but welcome to the Summit League in the officiating aspect... it was an awful call but trust me you will get some of those calls in your games go your way.....

Comment

Just like in politics, we will not all agree. Just like in politics, we wonder why would they would want the job. Just like in politics, we the people have the right to voice our displeasure.
            Are you saying I need to be a politician in order to disagree with certain political policies? I don't think so.

Comment

I just want to clarify my position on this issue. Some bad calls go our way and others don't. I don't think there is some conspiracy against SDSU! Plus, there is no doubt that officials are going to make mistakes.

What bothers me is poor officiating in any form. Not just when SDSU seems to get the short end of the calls. More than anything it bothers me that the players and coaches have to put up with sub-standard officiating when they are out there working their tail off for their teamates, coaches, and school.

Saturday night was an example of an official being consistently off the mark for an entire game. Not one-sided, just bad.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                Just like in politics, we will not all agree. Just like in politics, we wonder why would they would want the job. Just like in politics, we the people have the right to voice our displeasure.
                Are you saying I need to be a politician in order to disagree with certain political policies? I don't think so.
                Huh??????????? So what are you really trying to say? You dont have to be an offical to critize officating. Okay fire away. What ever you say will never change the outcome of the game. The Summit commissioner admits the goal tending call in the Oakland game was incorrect. He said it was a judgement call. Does it take 2 points away from Oakland? no Does it give SDSU a conference win? No I dont think so. So we move on. I think this is one time a review monitor could have resolved this matter, but SDSU did not have it at the time and but according to TV one is on order.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Huh??????????? So what are you really trying to say? You dont have to be an offical to critize officating. Okay fire away. What ever you say will never change the outcome of the game. The Summit commissioner admits the goal tending call in the Oakland game was incorrect. He said it was a judgement call. Does it take 2 points away from Oakland? no Does it give SDSU a conference win? No I dont think so. So we move on. I think this is one time a review monitor could have resolved this matter, but SDSU did not have it at the time and but according to TV one is on order.
                  A replay monitor doesn't necessarily resolve the issue either. Ask the Gopher women for details about that.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Welcome to the board meatloaf and Germane. I like the opinions of other teams fans. I try to keep an open mind but with mainly Jack fans it gets 1 sided sometimes. I don't know if either of you made it to Brookings but if you did I hope you had a good time.
                    Officiating is what it is. I think they are paid good money so fans can expect a well called game. They are human though and everybody makes mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      A replay monitor doesn't necessarily resolve the issue either. Ask the Gopher women for details about that.
                      Yes and I don't have a clue on who and when a review can be requested. I am sure those of you who are more into current rules and regs, probably do know.

Before monitors, a ref or a crew can reverse a call as long as the ball is dead and play has not resumed. Once the whistle is blown and the ball thrown in any prior call usually stands. That about as much as I understand. I dont know if Nagy could have asked for a review during the Oakland game. There seemed to be an opportunity to stop the game to do so.

Blatant bad calls can be made as we have seen, and maybe there should be a procedure to question that call before the next play starts.

Agreed even with monitors, its still a judgement call that prevails.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Yep.....doesn't help when the refs don't know the rules. Although I believe the red light around the rim should have come on at the EXACT same time the clock went to 0.0, which did not happen. I raised the point when I saw the difference in the timing that could there have been .04 seconds left and there just wasn't enough digits on the timer to display the correct time left?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Yep.....doesn't help when the refs don't know the rules. Although I believe the red light around the rim should have come on at the EXACT same time the clock went to 0.0, which did not happen. I raised the point when I saw the difference in the timing that could there have been .04 seconds left and there just wasn't enough digits on the timer to display the correct time left?

When the clock hit 0.0 that is 0.00000000.......

Techinically if there is 0.04 that would be display as 0.1
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Oh, and it looked to me tonight like the Jacks may have got the benefit of a couple of bad calls, and possibly been victimized by a bad call or two. On the whole, I didn't think there was anything particular to complain about with tonight's ref crew in Macomb. The team's performance, now that's another thing, but not the refereeing tonight.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Oh, and it looked to me tonight like the Jacks may have got the benefit of a couple of bad calls, and possibly been victimized by a bad call or two. On the whole, I didn't think there was anything particular to complain about with tonight's ref crew in Macomb. The team's performance, now that's another thing, but not the refereeing tonight.
                              Maybe it's that Thursday night thing. Better crews on Thursdays than Saturdays according to other, more experienced Summit League posters here.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

As an aside to the refereeing, I watched the Duke vs. Maryland women's game last night, and two of the referees (one man and one woman) have been on the Frost Arena court a number of times. So guess they are well enough thought of to be picked for high-level games. I'm just as hard on the refs as anybody, but also know it 'taint easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X