Cadwell is not coming back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cadwell is not coming back....

From what I understand, it is not final but pretty well decided. I have heard Concordia St. Paul come up as a future home for Matt.

If it winds up being true I will be dissapointed as I think Matt could be an integral part of our next two years. Matt really had a chance this year to step up and take over this team and he didn't. I feel like this decision, if true, would be very short-sighted by Matt looking at what the next two years hold for the program.

If it winds up being true I will be happy that Matt made the decision and moved on rather than being here and being unhappy. It was pretty obvious something has been wrong with him for at least half of this season. My guess is that this had a lot to do with team chemistry and probably led to the complete downfall of this team. If he needs to move on for him, so be it, I hope he gets what he wants.

This team has a solid core and some freshman coming in with solid potential. I think we found a diamond in Kai and if Callahan continues to work hard he will be the same. These are two guys who Nagy and Larson can build around.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Not that I should comment on rumours, but I suggest we wait til we see something in the paper, from SDSU athletics, or a comment directly from a player.

Comment

I hope this rumor proves to be false. Matt is a quality player and I personally felt Matt had a nice game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy
          Not that I should comment on rumours, but I suggest we wait til we see something in the paper, from SDSU athletics, or a comment directly from a player.
          You mean something like this?

Originally posted by filbert
          The last line in www.sdsucollegian.com/media/storage/paper484/news/2007/02/28/Sports/Jacks.Avoid.Tenth.Loss.With.TenPoint.Victory.In.Se niors.Final.Game-2755749.shtml]Brian Kimmes' Collegian article[/url]:

Nagy does not expect any players to leave the squad this year.
          Here is more of the story that filbert sited:

Jacks avoid tenth loss with ten-point victory in seniors' final game

Brian Kimmes

The Jackrabbit men's basketball team used aggressive defense and quality shooting to reverse a nine-game losing streak, defeating the New Jersey Institute of Technology, 71-61.

Saturday's game not only ended a losing streak, it ended the career of two Jackrabbit basketball players. Seniors Andy Kleinjan and Jose Frias played in their final games at SDSU.

"(It) hasn't hit me yet," Kleinjan said.

Head Coach Scott Nagy said the two seniors played a critical part in holding the team together through the difficult year.

"Both guys have been our glue," he said. "They've had good attitudes."

The Jackrabbits used the seniors' last game as motivation for their energy in the victory.

"We wanted to play hard for them," freshman forward Kai Williams said. "They've always been there to be the vocal leaders."  .  .  .  

With only two seniors leaving, SDSU looks to bring back a talented group of returning players. SDSU has been plagued with players transferring and leaving the team, but Nagy does not expect any players to leave the squad this year.  (read more)

This came from Coach Nagy after the game and after most had heard about the rumor.  Maybe we should leave this one alone unless we hear something different.  :-X

Go State!  

Comment

Sorry I meant to say, unless we here from an on the record source about a transfer we should assume everyone is coming back.

Comment

Working...
            X