Cadwell is not coming back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadwell is not coming back....

Best news I've heard all year. Time to move on. He's been terrible all season long. I think Kai will lead us out of this funk.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Cadwell is not coming back....

I'm not sure how one can view this as the best news of the year. The guy holds our freshman scoring record and was our second-leading scorer this year. Yes, he has struggled the past couple months, but he also had to deal with a nagging hip injury and teams that were keying on him.

Let's see how things shake out before we jump to any conclusions..........

Comment

I don't see how that could be considered good news by any means. He had a rough year but I don't know how you can forget what he did for us last season. Was really looking forward to seeing him, Beran, and Kai giving us a solid offense next year.

I hope this rumor proves false.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
        I'm not sure how one can view this as the best news of the year. The guy holds our freshman scoring record and was our second-leading scorer this year. Yes, he has struggled the past couple months, but he also had to deal with a nagging hip injury and teams that were keying on him.

Let's see how things shake out before we jump to any conclusions..........
        I guess the last three games I saw in person (Cal St. Fullerton, IPFW, NJIT), he was disappointing at best. It's good news. His defense is poor, he makes bad turnovers, he wears his shorts too high. Let's move on.

Comment

Where is this info on Cadwell not returning next year coming from?? I had not heard anything about this until tonight, is it true???

Comment

Sorry to continue on with this. We currently have one DI quality player (Kai). The rest of the team would be quality DII players at best. Sorry to dissapoint everybody, but we are in terrible shape. I'm glad to hear Nagy is optimistic, but I don't see us going far with Engen being our starting center. When Engen runs down the court, it reminds me of watching the "March of the Penguins". God bless him, but he can't possibly be a DI center.
            Callahan has played well as of late, but nothing exceptional. Bassett apparently can't memorize in-bousnd plays.
            Frankly folks, we are in bad shape. Let's hope for ten wins next season.

Comment

Originally posted by reveroo
              Where is this info on Cadwell not returning next year coming from??  I had not heard anything about this until tonight, is it true???
              All rumors on my part.  I guess we will know more this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                [quote author=reveroo link=1172986901/0#4 date=1172990051]Where is this info on Cadwell not returning next year coming from??  I had not heard anything about this until tonight, is it true???
                All rumors on my part.  I guess will know more this summer.[/quote]

I am sorry, but this is neither the time or place to start rumors like that.

Comment

What time better then now.  The guy has been a dissapointment for the last 3/4 of the season.  This is a forum about sports.  Sometimes fans get upset with the way their team plays.  Let's be real.  If you've seen Cadwell play lately, you know is heart is not in the game.

Plus, I heard the rumor from a reliable source. I consider it a rumor, since I didn't hear it from Nagy or Cadwell.  

I posted this thread as more of a discussion piece.  I could care less whether Cadewell stays or goes.  Make an arugment for why it would be best if he stays.

In my opinion,  he makes bad decisions and plays terrible defense.  Plus he is no longer a threat to score points.  The games I have seen in person, the opposing defense never "keyed" on him.  He has just played and shot poorly.

Comment

I'm not sure who is staying/leaving or on the fence. What I do know is it's getting old watching young men quit on themselves/teamates/coaches and the university. IMHO SDSU has made a committment to these young men through good times and bad and it would be nice to see it recipricated. It has become the norm now in our mens basketball program that if you don't like it leave it and I think that is a dangerous trend. Maybe there is more to this than what's on the surface. I'm hopeful we have some young men on the team who want to be at SDSU and will lead us to better times. I have a lot of respect for someone like Jose Frias who came here from a vastly different background than Brookings and did what was expected for two years and never quit down the stretch, but rather played his best basketball and in all the interviews I heard has the right attitude!

Comment

I'll be very disappointed if this turns out to be true.

(Further comment withheld pending confirmation of the rumor.)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

*From the Moderator

I will add a little reminder. As most of you may or may not know when it comes to rumors about players we ask for a little extra caution. Remember these are really people with real lives and so we ask that you think long and hard before you post a "rumor". 2002jack claims that his source is reliable and we shall see.

I would also ask that anyone who chooses to comment also keep in mind that Matt Cadwell is a real person whose real life may be affected by your comments so please be careful with your posts.

If the rumors turn out to be true there will be plenty of time to comment, if the rumors are untrue your posts may cause damage to the player and/or our program. Many of us have heard these rumors and chosen not to comment at this time.

As a final reminder:

Please be careful with your posts.

Comment

The last line in www.sdsucollegian.com/media/storage/paper484/news/2007/02/28/Sports/Jacks.Avoid.Tenth.Loss.With.TenPoint.Victory.In.Se niors.Final.Game-2755749.shtml]Brian Kimmes' Collegian article[/url]:

Nagy does not expect any players to leave the squad this year.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

One question:

Why would he leave now? Next year is our first year in the Mid-Con and the year after we will be able to compete in the NCAA's. It seems if he was going to quit it would have been before this year. Anyone could have predicted this would have been a bad year considering the defections from last year and the inexperience. Unless he has some personnel problems that are affecting his focus, which could be possible considering his performance over the last half of the season. Even with his struggles I still believe he is one of our best players. And next year if he is here he will be the same player he was last year. I still remain skeptical though and will not believe this until I hear it from an official release. Leaving now just doen't make sense. But, if he does I wish him the best.

Comment

Cadwell was a great scorer in high school but was not considered a well rounded DI prospect. I was in MN during his high school years and the interest in Cadwell by other programs wasn't there. Nagy took a chance on Matt and Matt took a chance on SDSU. I'm not sure its worked out that well for either party. Cadwell is a scorer with decent offensive talent. He might fit well on a team where he can be just that. Our team the last 2 years needed a lot more from him and that was an unfair request. Matt seems like a great kid and I hope he makes the right decision for him. Time will tell.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X