New Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Assistant Coach

To bad they didn't clean house (nagy to) then they may have kept players and improved. Who wants to go to practice or work and be constantly be degraded NO RESPECT! You never want to hear of someone loosing there job but in this case (Larson) I am willing to make a exception. SDSU players and fans deserve better. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by doubledribble
      To bad they didn't clean house (nagy to) then they may have kept players and improved. Who wants to go to practice or work and be constantly be degraded NO RESPECT! You never want to hear of someone loosing there job but in this case (Larson) I am willing to make a exception. SDSU players and fans deserve better. Good luck
      Let's not go back to Nagy is the cause of everyone leaving the program conspiracy theory again. :

Comment

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you are talking about Coach Nagy -- you are talking about the all time victory leader in school history.  I still support Coach 100% he is the man to turn our program back around.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/athletics/va...cott/index.cfm

Go State!  

Comment

Is it by choice or by necessity?

Comment

I would not doubt Nagy's ability as a basketball technican, for his x's & o's on the basketball floor he gets an A+. This is a whole new Basketball game going to D 1, he does not have the patience/communication skills to take this (his players) to the next level. It takes a great communicator to keep the Kids positive especially when you are over matched and loosing and he does not possess this skill watch him and you will see what I mean. Ask people who went to Ohio, he was so mad at the way his kids played he screamed the entire weekend, he focused on the negative, so how do you improve. When the game starts your Coach had better be positive if you want success. hey I don't want to hear that that is how you make men out of them that went out in the 1970's. He lost the majority of this players that weekend (Ohio) that's a fact! Who wants to go to practice and be continually screamed at? How would you perform at work if this is what went on? I would really like to see SDSU retain players so they could finish there education and have a great life experience. But I think there will have to be more changes than Larson.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion just as you were entitled to an education about the use of proper spelling, grammar and syntax.  I'm not sure what either did for you.  As for Coach Larson, if he is looking for a new job, best of luck to him.  I doubt your opinion of him had anything to do with anything.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would not doubt Nagy's ability as a basketball technican, for his x's & o's on the basketball floor he gets an A+. This is a whole new Basketball game going to D 1, he does not have the patience/communication skills to take this (his players) to the next level. It takes a great communicator to keep the Kids positive especially when you are over matched and loosing and he does not possess this skill watch him and you will see what I mean. Ask people who went to Ohio, he was so mad at the way his kids played he screamed the entire weekend, he focused on the negative, so how do you improve. When the game starts your Coach had better be positive if you want success. hey I don't want to hear that that is how you make men out of them that went out in the 1970's. He lost the majority of this players that weekend (Ohio) that's a fact! Who wants to go to practice and be continually screamed at? How would you perform at work if this is what went on? I would really like to see SDSU retain players so they could finish there education and have a great life experience. But I think there will have to be more changes than Larson.
                Alright then, we have a new expert on SDSU men's basketball here. I don't think anything you have said is known as fact. You may want to qualify your statments by indentifying yourself or your sources. Credibility is a good thing in this world.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If I recall correctly doubledribble was/is a big Cam Hornby fan.

Go State!

Comment

This is basketball... They are grown ups and if they are performing horribly in games they deserve to be yelled at.  You don't think AJ or Stig or any of our other coaches don't yell at players when they perform horribly?  Perform like crap, prepare to get yelled at and ride the bench.  Bob Knight yells at his players.  If your ego is too big to take getting yelled at by your coach, that it hurts to get yelled at well then you shouldn't play college sports. Check your ego at the door this isn't the NBA.

Comment

just my opinion. hey feel free to identify yourself, just try to remember next year at this time when they may be looking for a new head coach. You heard it hear. a big difference when winning, some coaches can't handle loosing it if all they have known is success. Transition takes time and time will not always be kind in the win column

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        If I recall correctly doubledribble was/is a big Cam Hornby fan.

Go State!  
                        You are correct.

Stay tuned, shortly after Dec 14 the full story of why Cam is leaving - will and needs to be told.
                        And the full story was never told

Comment

IMO, Nagy took more blame than anyone on the year - the thing is, I"m not sure all of it was on him.....

Nagy is a great coach, and he will have them back in no time. Talking about retaining players, they lost one by choice this year(Blitz doesn't count here). If Hornby couldn't sit on the bench while there were better players ahead of him, how exactly do you blame that on Nagy? He just wasn't good enough to play yet.

Nagy has my backing --- 100%

Comment

Like I have said before. I totally believe in Scott Nagy. I agree Bluehat, sometimes players need to be yelled at. They are big boys and need to be able to handle criticism. No offense Bluehat, but in the workplace today the younger generation's attitude is what are you going to do for me, when it should be how can I improve and help make this company better. The work ethic has slipped over the last twenty years.

Comment

Has any assistant coach/player, past or present ever say anything bad about nagy? People have left the program for numerous reasons and nagy has blamed himself for recruiting unstable players but I don't believe any of them have said Nagy was the reason they left, maybe cam did but there was suppose to be a big announcment when he left but that never happend. The only critizism I have ever heard and understand is the fact that he doesn't recruit south dakota that well but then there are people on here that say that south dakota isn't where they should be recruiting... And here is the big difference I see with mens and womens, there are 13 scholarships I Believe in mens hoops (maybe only 12) and in womens there is 15 with 2 extra scholarship you can take more of a gamble every year. Nagy is trying to recruit well and red-shirt as many as possible so they are ready to be thrown into the fire.. Alot of D-I players don't like to red-shirt they have been the best player on there team since 4th grade and have always been the go to guy and now they have to sit out a season.

Don't knock on Nagy you can knock on anybody else associated with the program/school but Nagy isn't the fault.

Comment

Every time someone mentions Cam Hornby I think about the picture in the Media Guide.

SDSU Men's Media Guide

Go to page 17 and look at the picture of Nagy coaching the team. You will see everyone is being attenative to what Nagy is saying, except Cam. Cam is performing ball tricks and ignoring the coach. That picture is worth a 1000 words. I stand behing Nagy with regard to Cam Hornby.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X