New Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assistant Coach

Has anyone heard any leads about the new assistant coach position?  I hope we can find a good recruiter.

Re: New Assistant Coach

So who left? I know on another posting that there was some talk but no confirmation that I ever saw posted.

Comment

Is the assistant coaches job advertised ??
      If so where ?

Comment

The Mid Continent Conference requires SDSU to add an additional coach for men's and women's basketball. So this is not a replacement but an addition that is being discussed.

Comment

New as in a new "full-time" coaching position but not someone new to the program.  They will have a head coach (Nagy) and two "full-time" paid assistants next season.  

Comment

I heard that since they are going from full time assistant to 2 full time assistants, they are just going to add Klink and DC full time.

Comment

Well, then where does that leave Coach Larson?? If Klink and DC are hired, that would be the two full time assistants, and I don't think they will have three full time assistant coaches.

Comment

I'll just say "oops" and leave it at that

Comment

Just think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by senator07
                    Just think about it.

Why not talk about it? Is Larson leaving?

Comment

I'm assuming if somebody does know something there not saying based on the tone set down by the Moderators. I think there is a difference between speculation and delivering solid information versus starting rumors to deliberatly hurt someone.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                        I'm assuming if somebody does know something there not saying based on the tone set down by the Moderators. I think there is a difference between speculation and delivering solid information versus starting rumors to deliberatly hurt someone.
                        I'm not interested in a lengthy discussion, but I'll outline my thought process for the current board policy:

I don't think student-athletes should have to deal with unsourced rumors--they've got enough to deal with. For a student, it goes beyond the game and can affect his/her studies and the whole experience. 18-22 year old kids don't always have the life experiences of older adults in dealing with some of this stuff. I think a college student-athlete should have a reasonable expectation of finishing his or her eligibility without being hounded by rumors--that's what they signed up for, after all.

For coaches, it's a job. Coaches know going into the profession that long term job security in one place isn't usually a realistic expectation. You can probably find someone to claim that every single coach in America is leaving/taking a new job/getting fired/etc. at almost any point in his/her coaching career.

That's why I'm willing to go a bit out of my way to try to protect student-athletes from unsourced rumors. I think student-athletes need to be cut some slack, while coaches, not so much. That's where I'm at.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

yes, sort of like the argument of " amateurs vs professionals"

Comment

Ok, I'll just say it.

It is my understanding that coach Larson is no longer a member of the coaching staff.

I don't know why or how, nor do I care, I new Troy a bit and really liked him, he is as nice a guy as they come. I wish him well wherever he ends up next.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

That's the story going 'round but I don't think there's been any formal verification or denial.

Comment

Working...
                              X