Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cadwell

Originally posted by joeboo22
    [quote author=Jacks02 link=1177528353/30#42 date=1177645072][quote author=joeboo22 link=1177528353/30#41 date=1177644724]Also the fact that SDSU is not an established D-I team they have to go after ? marks and hidden gems. Kids don't like to go to college 6+ hours from home and see the floor occasionally at best. I don't think there is big as talent gap between D-I and D-II as there is emotional and mental. In D-II you play alot of games in the area generally they are weekend games. In D-I you are all over the place all of the time, espeially being transitional with out a confernce. Another factor that is less mentioned is the MVC and its success. SDSU shares its regional recruitment with the most successful mid major conference in D-I basketball.
    You're kidding yourself if you don't think there is much of a talent difference between DI and DII.  If there wasn't a talent difference can you explain why there is never any players from DII drafted to the NBA?
    [/quote]

What I'm getting at is it takes alot more mental and physical toughness in D-I sports then in D-II. There is a talent gap but from top D-II players to mid major D-I the difference is more mental then physical.[/quote]
    Huh! AFLAC

Comment

If Matt was to come back and play like he did his freshman year and the beginning of this year, I would love to have him on the team. But if he was to play like he did at the end of the year, we would be better without him. He is a very good player and would have a great year next year. But you can't have someone on the team not hustling after the ball when he is the one who turned the ball over.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Well here is some confirmation.

http://www.twincities.com/walters

Guard Matt Cadwell, the all-time leading boys basketball scorer for Cretin-Derham Hall, is transferring from South Dakota State, where he started last season as a sophomore, to Concordia-St. Paul, which finished 21-8 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan06
          Well here is some confirmation.

http://www.twincities.com/walters

Guard Matt Cadwell, the all-time leading boys basketball scorer for Cretin-Derham Hall, is transferring from South Dakota State, where he started last season as a sophomore, to Concordia-St. Paul, which finished 21-8 this season.
          I just heard the thump of the other shoe hitting the floor. Night night.

In sincerity, I wish Matt the best at Concordia-St Paul. I sure he will get the attention of NISC fans in a hurry. Matt has talent and maybe talent that better fits a D2 team. I never heard that he was ever an academic concern so hope that he can continue that part at Concordia and have a great time playing basketball.

Comment

As far as Matt transfering i'm not happy that another player left the program early however from what I have heard he left it in a respectable matter. I thank Matt for sticking through the past 2 seasons and wish him best at the D-II level which may support his game better. Does Concordia St. Paul play USD next season??

Comment

I wish Matt success in all he does, it was nice to get to know him and his parents if only for a little while.

Comment

Terry has an update on his blog about Cadwell's departure with a story forthcoming in tomorrow's Argus....

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                  Terry has an update on his blog about Cadwell's departure with a story forthcoming in tomorrow's Argus....
                  Terry notes Cadwell is the 5th person to leave the SDSU men's BB program this school year.
                  1. Cadwell
                  2. Brandon - left before the season even started
                  3. Hornby
                  4. Bilitz
                  5. ??? - Who am I forgetting

Comment

Hoogeveen
                    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Link to Cadwell story at the Argus.