This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Wesleyan Game Thread

Just received an e-mail today from the Northern men's staff stating that they beat Iowa in a closed scrimmage and hung tough with Marquette in a regular scrimmage for a little over a half.

Comment

I think this thread is on it's last fumes.....

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
        Just received an e-mail today from the Northern men's staff stating that they beat Iowa in a closed scrimmage and hung tough with Marquette in a regular scrimmage for a little over a half.

I watched part of the Marquette game against Northern. Although the term "hung tough" is a term with many definitions, I'm not sure if any of them apply to Northern's game against Northern this past weekend. Not that I'm giving NSU a hard time. The last time SDSU played Marquette may be one of my least favorite moments as a Jacks fan.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

One note more on point to this thread. I've talked to some people who have pretty solid knowledge regarding our mens team. The general feeling is our mens team is going to surprise alot of people this year. And not in the way that our last 3 seasons' teams have surprised us. I'm cautiously optimistic. They echoed earlier statements about absolutely destroying UND in the closed scrimmage.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Kind of related. I saw over the weekend #5 Michigan state was beat by Grandvalley State in an exhibition game. Tom Izzo is a very good coach and it sounds like he deployed the same strategy as Nagy. Just let the players play with no set plays and his decision backfired even worse. I know everyone has been very critical on the team after the near loss, but remember it is just exhibition and we are a very very very young team.
            More perspective...Ohio State lost an exhibition game to Division II Findlay tonight. I'm not fretting over here...Rabbits are gonna be just fine.

Comment

This Thread is Dragging on Empty.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                I got that e-mail too. This is what it said:

"Weekend Recap: On Saturday, in a closed exhibition game, the Wolves faced the University of Iowa and came away victorious with a 61-57 victory. While no player stats were available, the Wolves received contributions from multiple players and a great defensive effort held the Hawkeye’s under the 60-point plateau. On Sunday, the Wolves faced nationally-ranked Marquette and were competitive, trailing by 8 points early in the 2nd half, until Marquette eventually pulled away for the victory. Junior Kevin Ratzsch led the way with 12 points, while Mitch Boeck and Levi Hamilton each contributed 9 points. Luke Wicks led the Wolves with 6 rebounds. "

Now seriously moderators, haven't I (with a little help from my friends) carried this thread far enough off topic to lock it up?
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post

This Thread is Dragging on Empty.
                  I am with you BHM!

Comment

Lock it. This thread lasted 7 day or more, I dont think there is anymore to be said.

Comment

Did someone call in the thread-killer?
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

People can just stop posting, too!

But, with CatchEmAll the thread killer seconding the motion, I'll lock it.

Comment

Working...
                        X