Midnight Madness Minus 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midnight Madness Minus 2

Team looks very athletic for this year. Very nice to see Ben and Mo back this year. Be able to have some size down low this year. I don't think Kai has to worry about playing time being taken. Kai will be playing anywhere from the 2 to the 4 position (he showed he could play the 4 when needed last year). Will be interesting in who red shirts this year. I think Thomas has lost weight from last year and Anthony looked good (he even handled the ball up the court on a break). The guards/small forwards look plentiful. Moss was throwing some down in warm-ups that were impressive. If he would have got the dunk between his legs down, he would have won the dunk contest. Clint and Josh look good as slashers. Didn't get to see much of the outside shot for the men. Wish they would have had a 3 point contest for the men. Palarca handled the ball well and hit a nice looking 3. Ball handling with Palarca, Garrett, and Mac will be good. Looking forward to the season starting.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I was impressed by how well the players seem to get along, laughing and joking around. Casey is a big part of that. Williams is a star. Palarca is impressive. Although he's short (listed at 5-10), Palarca's not a small guy. He's built solidly and does not seem to be the type to get pushed around. Sargent seems really smooth. Moss too. If Sargent is not redshirted, he could push Callahan for playing time and and maybe even a starting spot. Beran and Engren appear to have bulked up. Longish hair and a beard make Beran an imposing guy. I hope he has a great season. Berte looks good and obviously enjoys playing. I was impressed with Brandon DeBoer, too, even if he is supposedly a practice player. He plays hard and has good hops. Bassett, Cordova, Loney, Cassaday. There's a lot of depth on this team, even without that juco who didn't qualify for school.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Well I was able to watch the MMM2 last night on the "Jackrabbit Extra". Although there was no commentary and some of the camera angles were off, you could still see that Kia is going to be a special player in our program. I know that they did not play much defense, but he was consistantly knocking down the 3 at will. It was also good to see some of the new players and some of the old ones coming back. I think this team will be able to hover around .500 this year, which is considerably better than I thought they would be when the year ended last year.

Go State!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
        X