Midnight Madness Minus 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Madness Minus 2

Is Midnight Madness Minus 2 this Friday night? I haven't seen any publicity but I think it is the Friday night closest to October 15 each year. Anyone have any details?

Re: Midnight Madness Minus 2

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Is Midnight Madness Minus 2 this Friday night? I haven't seen any publicity but I think it is the Friday night closest to October 15 each year. Anyone have any details?
    Excellent question. It should be soon, might be the 19th.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It is this Friday, the 12th at 10:00 pm. Doors open and 9:00 pm.

Comment

It is this upcoming Friday night doors open at 9.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          It is this Friday, the 12th at 10:00 pm. Doors open and 9:00 pm.
          Well, since there is no FB this weekend perhaps I should attend MM.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would like to attend, but the move to 10 makes it about impossible. HS fb game does not get over until after 9 and then 1 1/2 hrs away.

Comment

Look forward to hearing a report from anyone that attends. Wished there was video access or some WNAX Commentary with Scott and Aaron.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Look forward to hearing a report from anyone that attends. Wished there was video access or some WNAX Commentary with Scott and Aaron.
                I just got back from MMM2. The women's team looks to be pretty solid. Verdegan won the 3 point contest. The freshmen Rotert finished second. Lots of bad/risky passes were made during the scrimmage, but all in all they looked good.

The men's team looks to be much improved. The freshman, Moss, Cassidy, and Sargeant all have ups, and look to be atheltic basketball players. Palarca is a true point gaurd. Tivin didn't look to shabby. Kai dominated the scrimmage. He had a couple of three pointers, and some ally-oop dunks. I think Kai scored about 15 points.

It's tough to tell by a scrimmage, but I'm optimistic the women will be as good if not better than last year. The men should be much improved with Berte and Beran both back. They definetly have more depth than last year.

Berte won the dunk contest. Kai didn't even participate.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

How did Engen, Cordova and Bassett look as we are going to need them to contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    How did Engen, Cordova and Bassett look as we are going to need them to contribute?
                    Engen looked alot stronger (muscular) than last year.

Bassett made a three pointer.

Cordova got a couple of rebounds.

Deboer has the size to play power forward as well.

They had a 10:00 clock with no stoppage. Pretty difficult to evaluate. We definetly have more depth inside. Kai will no longer need to be a 4, and can instead focus on playing the wing.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Way more depth and way more athleticism. Kai should not have to play in the post anymore. our wings are going to be much more athletic. we should be able to return to playing ten guys like we used to in Nagy's best years. I was surprised by how athletic sargent was.

Comment

Kai can play wherever he wants. Just as long as he's on the court.

Comment

No doubt about it...men are going to be MUCH better. Kai's team won 34-31 (in 10 minute non-stop action) when he sank a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Agree with all the above posts, but have to throw Josh Cassaday into the mix as well...displayed a lot of athleticism, good size. Garrett played good as well. Some really good passing...including some great tosses to Kai for the four or five dunks he got early in the scrimmage. It's going to be a good season IMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            Engen looked alot stronger (muscular) than last year.

Bassett made a three pointer.

Cordova got a couple of rebounds.

Deboer has the size to play power forward as well.

They had a 10:00 clock with no stoppage. Pretty difficult to evaluate. We definetly have more depth inside. Kai will no longer need to be a 4, and can instead focus on playing the wing.
                            From what I understand he is a great kid, but if Deboer sees ANY time at all we are in serious trouble. He is here to make kids practice hard and to fill out the roster.

Comment

Enjoyed MM-2 very much and was good to see a preview of the team. These events can be deceptive and it appears that SDSU will be much better this season. Lots of athletic athletes but still some that may not be DI caliber type players. My observations:

Kai is a man and could play many different places. Can see him carrying the team this year. He needs to stay healthy as he is the "star" quality athlete the team needs.

Good to have Berens back. He's seasoned and will provide much needed leadership.

Cordova is game ready and will help to provide depth. Having to sit a year out is no fun and he will contribute. Still he lacks experience and will make mistakes. Was also impressed with Dale Moss. He is a slasher and can get to the rim. Made some nice moves last night in the 5 or so minutes he was on the floor. He's not going to wow many people and needs to play his role which I can see first being a lock down defender and scorer second. Still he's athletic and pushes tempo.

Was most impressed with the guard play of Palarca. He's got a semi-street game but wow is he quick and has tremendous handles. Very little defense played last night but this kid can make things happen. He's as good as advertised and standing at a mere 5'9" - 5'10" size this kid will be fun to watch. He's going to break many ankles before he's done playing as it appeared last night that many could not contain his speed. Was the most impressive guard on the floor last night.

Should be an interesting season.......things should turn around this season for the men....14-16 wins would be tremendous.

Comment

Working...
                              X