Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Predictions for final record?

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
    U-Mary: Their three best players last season were two sophomores and a freshman and with the great recruiting class they got last year they might be able to hang for the first few minutes. With UND and NDSU going D1 that leaves U-Mary as the premier D2 institution in North Dakota.

On U-Mary's site, they have this game as an exhibition but a regular game on SDSU's schedule. Does it count for an exh. for U Mary and regular for SDSU?

It looks like all of the teams had success against U Mary last season by pounding it down low, it could get ugly if Kai, Ben and Mohammed drive it down low early. Mary's strengths are at the point and off-guard positions. I see a lot of players getting into the game in this one.

I predict SDSU finishing just under .500, maybe around there.

Mary might be a decent team with their 3 players that you mentioned, etc....but if we can't handle them we might as well throw in the season. I'm assuming you follow the Mary basketball team quite a bit. I think we'll be fine and beat them by at least 30.

Comment

I don't know if this is the correct thread to post this on but I figured I'd put it somewhere. From Terry's blog post yesterday:

"...SDSU men’s basketball coach Scott Nagy made a speaking appearance in Sioux Falls today. The only way to describe the tone: Optimistic. And that mood doesn’t always come easy for Nagy. He said the team’s first three practices have been as good as he’s seen in years, and that the Jacks are going to physically punishing - hopefully to the point that teams will not want to play them again. This was the first time I’ve seen Nagy speak in public, and he was absolutely engaging and honest - and optimistic..."

Comment

I am going to say they will finish close to .500, hopefully a few games over.

Comment

I don't know what there record is going to be but if they play hard and improve and retain all the players for next year I will be happy.... last year at times it appeared that Kai and sometimes Callahan were the only 2 out there giving it all plus some..... I expect with the return of Big Ben that it won't happen this year.... one problem with young teams is they tend to play for the future and forget about the present but I think or at least I am hoping that Big Ben, Mo and Michael have made it known that this is there last season and they want to win.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            I don't know what there record is going to be but if they play hard and improve and retain all the players for next year I will be happy.... last year at times it appeared that Kai and sometimes Callahan were the only 2 out there giving it all plus some..... I expect with the return of Big Ben that it won't happen this year.... one problem with young teams is they tend to play for the future and forget about the present but I think or at least I am hoping that Big Ben, Mo and Michael have made it known that this is there last season and they want to win.....
            We've been playing for the future for 3 years already. It's time to make a difference and win some games. I think they'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
              We've been playing for the future for 3 years already. It's time to make a difference and win some games. I think they'll do it.
              There is a difference of playing for the future and growing for the future..... playing for the future is an excuse of playing bad.... growing for the future is understanding mistakes and growing from them, making yourself better every year...

Comment

Working...
              X