X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had 5 leave: WKIII and Mayo
    Kraft, TeSlaa, and Heistreiter.
    Graduated 3.

We've added 3... and the incoming freshmen.

Are all the spots filled or do we have one left?

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      Burton is a huge get. 3 * recruit. Is that our 3rd one? (Dykstra/Mayo/him?)

I think it's time for a RE-Vote for the starting 5!

I know we're a long ways from the season, and none of these guys have played together yet in meaningful minutes... but we are (IMO) the favorites in the Summit again.

What a coup from the Coaching Staff. Burton and Cluff are immediate impact...and if the kid from Wisconsin can shoot like he's capable...should be athletic enough in the Summit. (Big 10 is another story)

Those are 3 outrageously good signings. (now let's hope they turn out.)
      The coaching staff is due a pat on the back recovering quickly after the starting line-up evaporated at the end of the season. They now have the challenge of melding the assembled roster into the conference favorites. They will have another competitive team for 2024-25.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We had 5 leave: WKIII and Mayo
        Kraft, TeSlaa, and Heistreiter.
        Graduated 3.

We've added 3... and the incoming freshmen.

Are all the spots filled or do we have one left?
        I was told the roster this year will have 14 bodies...fwiw.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          I was told the roster this year will have 14 bodies...fwiw.
          So that would make us full then (as long as there are no additional departures). 7 returning players from last year, 5 incoming freshman, and 2 transfers

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The coaching staff is due a pat on the back recovering quickly after the starting line-up evaporated at the end of the season. They now have the challenge of melding the assembled roster into the conference favorites. They will have another competitive team for 2024-25.
            I suspect none of the departures came as a surprise to the coaching staff. Perhaps WKIII but I'm sure Mayo was expected.

Comment

• So let's break this down:
              Seniors
              Isaac Lindsey - G
              Oscar Cluff - F/C
              Juniors
              Matthew Mors F
              Nate Barnhart - C
              Sophomores
              Kalen Garry (RS) - G
              Bubz Alvarez - G
              Freshmen
              Joe Sayler (RS) G
              William Whorton (RS) F
              Damon Wilkinson (RS) C
              Owen Larson G
              Jaden Jackson G
              Stoney Hadnot G/F
              Andrell Burton G/F
              Alec Squires F/C

Going to be interesting: (these are just wild ass guesses)
              PG - Jackson/Alvarez
              SG- Lindsey/Garry/Sayler
              SF- Burton/Garry/Hadnot?
              PF- Mors/Barnhart/Whorton
              C- Cluff/Barnhart/Whorton

I can see Squires... one or two of the guards (Larson/Jackson/Hadnot) redshirting. I don't think Burton will redshirt.

And I could be WAY off on the Guards.. Maybe Larson will be the guy from the get go. Or maybe Bubz ups his game... and Sayler can be a 'combo guard' like D'Andre parks was, and play 1/2.

IDK. But I feel pretty good about this squad.

(I had to make an edit because I forgot Lindsey already!)

Comment

• Dark horse Larson at point. Then Garry, Burton, Mors, and Kluff.

Comment

Burton is a huge get. 3 * recruit. Is that our 3rd one? (Dykstra/Mayo/him?)

I think it's time for a RE-Vote for the starting 5!

I know we're a long ways from the season, and none of these guys have played together yet in meaningful minutes... but we are (IMO) the favorites in the Summit again.

What a coup from the Coaching Staff. Burton and Cluff are immediate impact...and if the kid from Wisconsin can shoot like he's capable...should be athletic enough in the Summit. (Big 10 is another story)

Those are 3 outrageously good signings. (now let's hope they turn out.)
                  247Sports composite has Burton as the # 255 ranked national recruit, and #53 small forward.

Same ranking has Stoney Hadnot as the #301 national recruit, and #60 small forward. Also a 3 star.

Haven’t seen enough of either to form an opinion of why one is destined to start and the other red shirt. Are some posters here sleeping on Hadnot, or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Burton had multiple higher level offers like St Louis. Hadnot didn’t. Plus Burton was committed to Drake who has been extremely good the past few years. What else is there to go on ?

Comment

• It's a year where the starting lineup to begin the season very likely will be different from the one when the conference season starts. I think Cluff, one of Barnhart/Mors and Garry are givens. I have Bubz starting at PG to begin the season, since he got the backup minutes there while Mims was out. Sayler would be my pick for the fifth spot. Whorton, Burton, Hadnot and Jackson should get minutes. Lindsey is the wild card for me. If you look at his Wisconsin stats, he didn't shoot well at all. But I don't think they bring him in without the intention of giving him some minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoboJack View Post

247Sports composite has Burton as the # 255 ranked national recruit, and #53 small forward.

Same ranking has Stoney Hadnot as the #301 national recruit, and #60 small forward. Also a 3 star.

Haven’t seen enough of either to form an opinion of why one is destined to start and the other red shirt. Are some posters here sleeping on Hadnot, or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        No you could be completely correct.

Comment

• Isaac Lindsey almost seems like a Nate Wolters "Lite" watching his highlights.

Comment

• Isaac had an unofficial visit to SD State in 2017 per 247 Sports. Also Sports Illustrated in 2022 said he had a scholarship offer from various places including SD State, but off-hand not sure if it was that year.

Comment

• MBB X account is promoting new man.
                              Jackrabbit Men’s Basketball on X: "Incoming vet to Brookings Welcome to the program, @CluffOscar! #GoJacks https://t.co/xEVAcG79JP" / X (twitter.com)
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Future Jackrabbit Alec Squires of Sioux Valley (in Volga) played in the South Dakota High School All-Star game on April 19, and he looked pretty good. He's a big, strong, heady kid (6-10ish), but he might need a redshirt year in college to refine his skills. The S.D. Coaches Association named him the high school boys player of the year. The team with Squires won the All-Star Game 114-110. Obviously, playing tough defense wasn't a heavily stressed theme of the game.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X